The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cambridgeshire 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Cambridgeshire 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17592

lol Joe…………..thought he was a non starter yesterday when there was no money for him on Betfair, but looking a bit healthier now.

Running ReinRunning Rein
    Participant
    • Total Posts 186

Carry On Deryck for me.
    Impressive in Dubai and ran well in the Hunt Cup when widest on the slower part of the track.
    He didn’t enjoy a clear run nor the slow paced when upped by over two and a half furlongs at York.
    James Doyle had to use him out up from a poor draw at Goodwood, still led until just over a furlong out before early efforts told late on.
    Given a decent draw I can see him using his turn of foot to be very effective over 9 furlongs…25/1 currently.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

As I said before plenty of deadwood are likely to stand their ground. There have been a few dual winners so not surprised to see the support for Third Time Lucky and at a bigger price Erik The Red might still have something to offer. These days it is probably best to wait for the Saturday offers rather taking early prices.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7129

I was going to wait until the final declarations to have a punt on this, but
    I can’t resist chancing a few quid on DOLPHIN VISTA, who is
    still on offer with Paddy Power at 50/1. He ran a good race on the course earlier
    in the year, finishing 2nd over a mile, weakening at the end. I think he has
    strengthened up a bit from then, winning over a mile at Ripon in May, but
    possibly more importantly winning over 10f last time out at Beverly. With the
    pace this will be run at, I think you need to get 10f to last out the 9f in this.
    I know you put him up earlier Bobby, I hope he turns up for our sake, and if he
    does he won’t be anywhere near 50/1.

I’ve always been a BRONZE ANGEL fan. He’s done me quite well in the past, but the problem I have with him
    is his age. There has only been one 7 year old winner in the past 35 years
    (Rambo’s Hall in 92) and I wonder if a younger improving horse, hopefully Dolphin
    Vista at 3 years could just have the edge. The majority of winners in that same period
    are 3 or 4, with a few 5 and 6 year olds. On the plus side, Rambo’s Hall won it at 4
    before repeating the victory 3 years later at 7. As Bronze Angel won it at 3 and again
    at 5, he maybe can go one better than Rambo at 7. I might relent, if he stands his ground,
    and have a bit on him for old times’ sake.

Another one who interests me is Roger Varian’s AMERICAN ARTIST, who was
    3rd off 88 at the same meeting last year in the consolation Silver Cambrideshire. He came
    back out this year with a shd 2nd at Doncaster over 10f, so trip no problem. He had a
    couple of so so runs in May, but was given a break and ran a decent enough race on his
    comeback earlier this month. Hopefully that should put him spot on and he runs off 90, just
    2 lbs higher than his good run in the consolation race last year. He is entered in both races
    this year and at 38th in the list for the big one, I’m pretty sure he will get in. I hope this
    has been the plan since last year. He is 33/1 across the board, I’ll keep an eye to see if anyone
    lengthens that, but I’ll take him before the next cut off as I think his price will shrink.

Best of luck everyone :good:

Lemons68Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 436

I have bet Azraf at all odds over 40-1, and see that 48’s is still available on the exchange. I hope that this isn’t a sign that he isn’t going, as I like his chances

• Total Posts 17592

Got him up 50’s each way, and 60’s to 70’s Graham, so safe to say I’m hoping for a big run. Slightly concerned that the 50’s is holding, as I thought he would appeal more, so just slightly concerned he ain’t gonna trap. I do fancy him the most of out of my 3, so keeping everything crossed.

Good luck with him, and Bronze Angel of course, if you get involved.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4850

Blimey !! Graham ME AND Bobby all on the same horse!! Surely it can’t win with all that overweight LOL

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7129

Blimey !! Graham ME AND Bobby all on the same horse!! Surely it can’t win with all that overweight LOL

I missed you were on him too Raymo, bloody hell that’s a heavyweight trio. I hope Mr Fahey reads this,
    clearly he wouldn’t dare not run him now. It’s an offer he can’t refuse B-)

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7129

I was going to wait until the final declarations to have a punt on this, but
    I can’t resist chancing a few quid on DOLPHIN VISTA, who is
    still on offer with Paddy Power at 50/1. He ran a good race on the course earlier
    in the year, finishing 2nd over a mile, weakening at the end. I think he has
    strengthened up a bit from then, winning over a mile at Ripon in May, but
    possibly more importantly winning over 10f last time out at Beverly. With the
    pace this will be run at, I think you need to get 10f to last out the 9f in this.
    I know you put him up earlier Bobby, I hope he turns up for our sake, and if he
    does he won’t be anywhere near 50/1.

Got him up 50’s each way, and 60’s to 70’s Graham, so safe to say I’m hoping for a big run. Slightly concerned that the 50’s is holding, as I thought he would appeal more, so just slightly concerned he ain’t gonna trap. I do fancy him the most of out of my 3, so keeping everything crossed.

Good luck with him, and Bronze Angel of course, if you get involved :good:

Nice odds you picked up there Bobby, fingers crossed he does run. His odds have been shortening in
    most books, although PP stand alone at 50s. I hope it’s not the case that they know something that
    we don’t :unsure:

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8279

Sorry but Sacred Act is highly unlikely to run now. He was said to have been “Stiff”

I dare say his backers will need a “Stiff” drink now. Original favourite out, new favourite out after being described as heavily backed the last few days. It’s like a Dick Francis novel plot.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

• Total Posts 17592

I hope it’s not the case that they know something that
    we don’t :unsure:

Hope not G, though it did cross my mind. Hope I’m wrong though…………they wouldn’t do that to the 3 of us lol

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5861

BRAVO ZOLO 16/1 Ran a great race in Lincoln and been saved for this race and Ryan Moore a early jockey booking for race

VERY TALENTED 25/1

Ran two decent races this year after quite a bit time off the course and Godolphin been picking up big handicaps think he best chance here

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

I like Very Talented as well mate as think this galloping track will suit.

best of luck.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3658

Third and final dart on Educate @25’s to win.

Won the race in 2013 after being very well backed on the day of the race. This year appears to of come back to form after a couple of poor seasons, and looks to be in the best form of his life.

Beaten 6 l giving 6 lbs by Sir Isaac Newton at Royal Ascot looks solid form

Good luck all :good:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

As I said before plenty of deadwood are likely to stand their ground. There have been a few dual winners so not surprised to see the support for Third Time Lucky and at a bigger price Erik The Red might still have something to offer. These days it is probably best to wait for the Saturday offers rather taking early prices.

Third Time Lucky is now a ridiculous price. I am hoping punters are not silly enough to take the current price and he drifts back out on Saturday.

It’s a major relief that Hanagan isn’t on board.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.