The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2014

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2014

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9289

And, given the number of jockey injuries SWC will probably be one of the most experienced jockeys riding that day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

We are now Six Places on the race and still betting to Non Runner Free Bet – money back up to £50 as a free bet if doesn’t run.

Teaforthree 10/1 fav.

Jack

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Probably best to hold out for some of the better offers nearer the day though.

Picking up the thread for the Gold Cup discussion, who will ride Tidal Bay?

Ruby and Daryl are out, Nick Scholfield probably has the ride on Teaforthree and Ryan Mahon might not be trusted with it (he did win over the fences on Rebel Rebellion, though).

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9289

Seabass and OHO out. Surprised about Seabass.

• Total Posts 790

Ruby and Daryl are out, Nick Scholfield probably has the ride on Teaforthree and Ryan Mahon might not be trusted with it (he did win over the fences on Rebel Rebellion, though).

I was thinking Harry Derham, obviously don’t think Nicholls would have a problem with it but possibly Wylie would. Could he still claim his 3 ?

Casey was unlucky in the Gold Cup so I suppose the owners could go for him?

G mentions McCoy in the other thread but i’d be astounded if he doesnt ride one of JP’s (Cantlow, Carlingford Lough, Colbert Station and even Quantitive and Sunnyhill he could just about do the weight he did a similar weight on Alfie Sherrin at the Festival) Theirs also Burton Port…

Ryan Mahon usually rides Sire Collognes not sure if he will run or not but that would book him up.

Surely Sam Twister will be given the thumbs up by his old man to jump off Same Difference and get on Tidal Bay? Ryan Hatch could possibly ride SD then.

Nicholls would still need a rider for Kauto Stone (Carberry has rode him a few times?) and also for Rocky Creek if they run?

What will Fehily ride?

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2901

What will Fehily ride?

Probably Tidal Bay :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 13203

I was thinking Harry Derham, obviously don’t think Nicholls would have a problem with it but possibly Wylie would. Could he still claim his 3 ?

Casey was unlucky in the Gold Cup so I suppose the owners could go for him?

G mentions McCoy in the other thread but i’d be astounded if he doesnt ride one of JP’s (Cantlow, Carlingford Lough, Colbert Station and even Quantitive and Sunnyhill he could just about do the weight he did a similar weight on Alfie Sherrin at the Festival) Theirs also Burton Port…

Ryan Mahon usually rides Sire Collognes not sure if he will run or not but that would book him up.

Surely Sam Twister will be given the thumbs up by his old man to jump off Same Difference and get on Tidal Bay? Ryan Hatch could possibly ride SD then.

Nicholls would still need a rider for Kauto Stone (Carberry has rode him a few times?) and also for Rocky Creek if they run?

What will Fehily ride?

Danny, you can forget my rant on the other thread about McCoy and Tidal Bay, I don’t know how, or why, but in my head I got On His Own and Triolo D’Alene mixed up and when I heard OHO was going elsewhere, I thought this might free up McCoy.

I’m going for a lie down in a darkened room :oops:

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2901

And as I have said on the other thread, Geraghty will surely ride Triolo :?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

Seabass and OHO out. Surprised about Seabass.

he got a ligament injury in race from sunday

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

73 remain after second scratchings, those scratched include – on his own, boston bob and seabass, will update when find out anymore

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 13203

Indeed you are right Homer, it was in my mind that McCoy rode him last time, but obviously that was because of circumstances, lets just say I’m not having a good day.

You mentioned about McCoy riding one of the umpteen McManus horses, I Haven’t trawled through them horse by horse, but has he many that will get in or likely to run bar Colbert Station. Alfie Sherrin if a good few pull out maybe, and Lost Glory who needs fewer to come out, but I don’t see him running and certainly now winning.

I’m putting the blinkers on for the rest of today in case I take any more wrong courses.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

junior taken out

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

boston bob and junior scratched

vf

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2901

Indeed you are right Homer, it was in my mind that McCoy rode him last time, but obviously that was because of circumstances, lets just say I’m not having a good day.

You mentioned about McCoy riding one of the umpteen McManus horses, I Haven’t trawled through them horse by horse, but has he many that will get in or likely to run bar Colbert Station. Alfie Sherrin if a good few pull out maybe, and Lost Glory who needs fewer to come out, but I don’t see him running and certainly now winning.

I’m putting the blinkers on for the rest of today in case I take any more wrong courses.

He did have 6 in the Top 40 my last count but some may have been scratched since.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

withdrawn – kauto stone, cantlow, toner d’oudairies, carlingfod lough, cape tribulation, massini’s Maguire, quantititavising, junior, sire collonges, mon parrain, home farm, pete the feat, mart lane, well refreshed, tatenam, real Milan, bob ford, living next door, whodoyouthink and tarquinis

vf

• Total Posts 790

Looks like it will be either Colbert Station or Cantlow (Not Sure of his plans?) Sunnyhill Boy will get in but it’s touch and go as to whether he’d be able to do the weights, he did the same weight on Alfie Sherrin at Cheltenham (Alfie Sherrin is entered but won’t get in). I imagine McLernon may well ride Sunnyhill having finished 2nd on him previously so in all probability he’ll end up on Colbert.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

Noel Fehily seems like the most likely rider for Tiday Bay. No qualms there, he’s a favourite of mine… though if Twisters got the ride… i’d be very excited :D

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.