The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2013

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Thought there was nothing wrong with Prince De Beauchene’s run in Ireland. Was given a very soft time, and should benefit from the run. Still the one to beat on the look of things.

• Total Posts 15020

73 left in, taken out were…

Tidal Bay
    Organisedconfusion
    Call The Police
    Lambro
    Pandorama
    Little Josh
    Outlaw Pete
    Mister Hyde
    Cross Appeal
    Fabalu
    Shakervilz

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

73 left in, taken out were…

Tidal Bay
    Organisedconfusion
    Call The Police
    Lambro
    Pandorama
    Little Josh
    Outlaw Pete
    Mister Hyde
    Cross Appeal
    Fabalu
    Shakervilz

thanks and highly likely cloudy lane will go for the other race over national fences day before

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

updated – 11 horses scratched at first stage for 2013 Grand National:

Call The Police, Lambro, Shakervilz, Tidal Bay, Organisedconfusion, Pandorama, Little Josh, Mister Hyde, Cross Appeal, Outlaw Pete and Fabalu.

vf

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Was rather expecting Tofino Bay to be scratched as rather fancy him but haven’t backed him. Has anything happened to Outlaw Pete by the way?

• Total Posts 15020

Moe, Outlaw Pete appears to be fine, still at the top of the Cross Country betting. He disappeared from The Grand National betting on Friday, although no announcement was made at the time. I only realised as I had bet him, and noticed the bets were no longer there.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

Moe, Outlaw Pete appears to be fine, still at the top of the Cross Country betting. He disappeared from The Grand National betting on Friday, although no announcement was made at the time. I only realised as I had bet him, and noticed the bets were no longer there.

Very brave, he was so low down on the original list of 84 runners, that even if it had stood its ground until raceday, chances are he would never had ran anyway.

• Total Posts 15020

Going by the cut off over the last 20 years, he would have been touch and go to make it yes, but not as as clear cut as your strange post would suggest. Unfortunately, as I bet him last August I wasn’t armed with this information at the time.

I didn’t see you dissing the bet before his withdrawal. Funny that

I was aware of his OR when I backed him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

katenko ruled out as suffered colic and undergone emergency surgery

vf

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

VtoC; is it just me but looking at the runners this year makes me feel as if I’m in a fog with my my feet stuck in treace? And there’s no sign of the fog lifting. Bad news about Katenko [although didn’t expect him to run in the National] but pleased to hear he’s got through the op.

• Total Posts 1217

Calgary Bay puts his National credentials on show today, good ground is key to this horse and while he may not stay the 4 miles 4 furlongs, he jumps well and could be cajoled into the race. I think he’ll go close today at his favourite course and could be a lively outsider for the big one.

• Total Posts 15020

Good to hear from you Moe, yeah I’d tend to agree. First time since 1991, when I had my first bet ante-post on The National, that I can’t really narrow one down. 3rd year in row the list of entries haven’t filled me with enthusiasm to be honest.

Would probably have went in a lot bigger on Call The Police if he hadn’t been scratched, so at the moment I’ve not really picked that main horse. Gun to my head would be Seabass, he was a very very good horse for me last year 8) , but it’s very rare I’ll focus, Ante-post anyway, on a horse like him, as always more inclined to follow a horse who hasn’t ran in it before. Got 2 or 3 I’m looking to add on Betfair, but nothing at the moment.

What you looking at, apart from Tofino? For what it’s worth, i think he’s a very interesting entry, though I’d actually be surprised if he ended up there.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Today must have been a disaster for Calgary Bay and Join Together fans. CB proving yet again that he is not a strong stayer and JT never looking happy after almost being brought down.

• Total Posts 1217

Not sure what happened with CB, looked ok a mile out but then toiled, doesn’t bode well for the GN unfortunately.

Back to the drawing board for me, only Albertas Run left really, may wait until the day now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Still think Prince De Beauchene could be anything. Good ground will surely suit. Sportingbet have gone standout on a host, and have nibbled on a few outsiders, just because some are double that of everyone elee.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Not sure what happened with CB, looked ok a mile out but then toiled, doesn’t bode well for the GN unfortunately.

Back to the drawing board for me, only Albertas Run left really, may wait until the day now.

Calgary Bay looks like he has fallen out of love for the game. When I listened to Mick Channon talk about him before his first run this season, he sounded quite bullish about Calgary’s prospects. Mick is not a guy I have paid much attention to over the sticks, has he had any big winners in the sphere? Perhaps something is amiss with CB and I would doubt it was worth chancing the National with the form he has shown for Mick and a couple of modest runs in the race previously. I thought this horse might have been a real good one based on his earlier races. Pity.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Maybe Calgary Bay is just on a natural downgrade now, Steve. All of those years with Henrietta Knight’s softly-softly approach might have cost the horse some chances to win more than he did in his prime.

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.