The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2013

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

ive removed organisedconfusion from the list with being ruled out for season

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

ive removed organisedconfusion from the list with being ruled out for season

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

Auroras Encore, Midnight Chase, Join Together and Roberto Goldback remain my primary selections, but other entries that catch the eye are…

Any Currency
    Balthazar King
    Bostons Angel
    Pandorama
    Quito De La Roque
    Tidal Bay
    What A Friend

i hope balthazar king runs i loev that horse, always tries :)
    i also like cappa bleu
    always waining if he runs and not in topham
    teaforthree

tidal bay has been brilliant ths season

vf

AdamWilko
    • Total Posts 3

I really hope Balthazar king runs in this, if it came up good ground he’d have a great chance! One of the best jumpers if not the best IMO every time I see him I can’t get over how well he jumps. Looks to be as good as ever this season and stays very well

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

Already had

For ages now on Betfair, but added at minimum stake

On the win only column.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

I really hope Balthazar king runs in this, if it came up good ground he’d have a great chance! One of the best jumpers if not the best IMO every time I see him I can’t get over how well he jumps. Looks to be as good as ever this season and stays very well

another BK fan like me :D

vf

strawbear
    Participant
    • Total Posts 229

I think there’s every chance Ballabriggs may be allotted a weight close the one he carried to victory a couple of years ago. He ran a blinder last year carrying the welter burden of 11-9, if he gets in off the 11st / 11-2 mark he’ll be a big player. Taken the 40-1 on offer by Stan james.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

Sorry, have to add Imperial Commander. Former Gold Cup winner, well weighted (esp if Tidal Bay stays in), good price on the exchanges, got to be worth a go.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

• Total Posts 15020

Good luck fld, he’d be an interesting runner.

I’ve added Lambro @ 180’s to 240’s, takes a genius to second guess his trainer, but happy with those prices anyway.

Still think Seabass has an outstanding chance, but rarely bet one who’s ran in it before, so not a penny on him so far. Probably won’t bother, he owes me nothing after last year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

Tidal bay running off 162 :roll: This is ludicrous stuff,no wonder people don’t have faith in the system! :evil:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

updated

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

I’ve had to help myself to some of the 25s about Tidal Bay.

Up only 8lbs since his demolition job in the Bet365, he’s running off 4lb lower than his Hennessy mark when he beat all bar the current Gold Cup favourite – giving him 6lbs and failing by just over 3L.

Granted his style means he’ll need luck in running but I am genuinely amazed given the 9lb ‘gift’ based on official ratings (and the fact PFN has already stated he’s going for the race) that he is still available at a pony.

Lee

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Three I’ve backed so far ( :wink: ) are:

Cappa Bleu

33/1 Placed last year when given too much to, jockey waited too long to ask for his effort and finished with running left in him. Backed before the seson started but 25/1 now still seems very good value.

Teaforthree

20/1 Winner of the 4 miler at Cheltenham last year. Improved to be second in the Welsh National, well clear of the third. Up around 7 lbs for that does not look excessive. His jumping is a major asset and acts on both a soft and good surface.

Wyck Hill

would be a lot shorter with more fashionable connections. Trainer David Bridgewater knows how to prepare one for the big day (The Giant Bolster’s second in the Gold Cup). Wyck Hill is a much better jumper than his stable companion and is improving. Second at Ascot reads much better now, runner-up Katenko (who I may also back at a later date if confirmed a target) has franked the form. Venitia Williams charge improved since, but even so Wyck Hill is also an improver himself. Yet to prove he stays further than 3m1f but runs as if he’ll be suited by it. One not to under-estimate.

Others currently on my long list are (in racecard order):
    Tidal Bay, Quito De La Roque, Katenko, Prince De Beauchene, Seabass, Midnight Chase, Join Together, Cobert Station, Tofino Bay, On His Own, Beshabar, Lost Glory, Magnanimity, Aurora’s Encore.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 139

I really like the look of Imperial Commander, Prince de Beauchene, Seabass, Colbert Station and On His Own

At A best price 40’1 Imperial Commander appeals so long as he does not have a hard race in the Gold Cup.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

Roberto Goldback and Midnight Chase with very attractive weights. Very pleased with them.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

Bottom weight 9-2 eh? does anyone remember Jubilee King given 5-0 in 86 :lol:

jose1993
    • Total Posts 1228

Tidal bay running off 162 :roll: This is ludicrous stuff,no wonder people don’t have faith in the system! :evil:

It’s unacceptable.

7. To favour the majority at the expense of the minority. If one horse is rated too highly, then that one horse may not have an equal chance of success on its next start. If one horse is rated too low, however, then every horse it races against may not have an equal chance of success on their next start.

Those words above are in the BHA "A guide to handicapping" document. I’m looking forward to a new version with a section that explains the highest rating minus 9 formula for the Grand National in detail.

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.