The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2013

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

VtC; what do you make of Whodoyouthink’s RPR rating? [questioning my own sanity here]. I’ve also backed Jadanli, although he’s a bit old for the race. Will Panther Claw get in? He looks very good.

• Total Posts 15020

Looks like a false alarm for Across The Bay, some people got fancy prices last night.

Moe, as for WDYT, I think the connections runners are never to be dismissed lightly in these races. They miss the target often enough, but don’t see any reason why you won’t get a run for your money at a decent price.

GL

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

OOps; wrong thread; getting me Nationals mixed up!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

My only excuse is that my heads scrambled with thinking about The National. Trying to focus in some way but getting more confused by the day/hour/minute. Don’t even think for a second I can get the winner these days. My main aim is just to hope most of my ante posts get into the race; winning any money would just be a bonus.

Participant
    • Total Posts 296

Have took the plunge with Joncol @ 50/1, has won a grade 1, been running respectably in grade 1s and has a good racing weight, think price will come down.

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Lots in with chances – impossible to pick but 3 I like are

Romanesco (Dont know if will get in with lots that need to come out)
    Liked the Kim Muir run but as an 8yr old maybe 1 year too soon?

Quiscover Fontaine – Was going well enough last year when falling – was the run last year just bad luck or will stamina last out and jump round this time.

Lion Na Bearnai – fits the profile to do well.

So many others – also like Gullible Gordon as loves these fences – right age/weight but not 100% that stamina will last out.

I may as well get the pin ready – have more chance of picking the winner that way :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 18

I really like the look of Balthazar King.

Disappointed that Tofino Bay has pulled out as I fancied him and BK as a couple of half-decent shouts at around 33/1.

http:///www.grand-national-race.co.uk

• Total Posts 15020

Beau, in case you’re planning a bet shortly, Romanesco is entered up at Fairyhouse on Mondays, and Lion Na Bearnai is only 50/50 to be fit.

Participant
    • Total Posts 18

Beau, in case you’re planning a bet shortly, Romanesco is entered up at Fairyhouse on Mondays, and Lion Na Bearnai is only 50/50 to be fit.

Yeh I quite fancied Romanesco if he made it into the National but it was looking iffy so can’t blame them taking up something else.

Participant
    • Total Posts 18

Also Lion Na Bearnai is out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Totesport/Betfred, the only one going 20s Join Together and I’m pretty sure he’s overpriced at that and would advise a bet.

Teaforthree also high on my shortlist: both horses can be forgiven poor last runs. Why Nicholls sent JT over 3 miles at Donny Lord knows – he’d need 5 miles at that track. Not such an obvious excuse for T43, but I’m always happy to allow a decent horse one bad run.

I’ve had a few bets (win only) as usual. I prefer to bet half a dozen to win than 3 EW in the National.

In order of preference:

Join Together
    Teaforthree
    Colbert Station
    Quel Esprit
    Saint Are

Worth remembering they’re committed to watering if necessary to get ground on soft side of good. My guess is they will make it closer to soft for safety reasons. That gives the likes of Join Together & Teaforthree a boost, especially JT who is brimming with stamina but has a dash of quality too. Could go off at around 12s imo

• Total Posts 27

I do like the look of

Teaforthree

it would interesting to hear what what people thought of

Soll

, one of my work colleagues has been backing this left right and centre since the weights came out …

• Total Posts 15020

Orange, there’s a big race in him someday, and he’s not without a chance. I’ve bet him at 200’s to 280’s, but hopefully your mate at works got the really nice odds available all winter, He’s been hammered in the last week, and was lower than 50’s for a while.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Backed him at the start of the season only to give up on him the day that he won [typical]. Perhaps more of a horse for next year [described as a ‘big baby’ in one book I have] but I’ll find it difficult to ignore him if he does get into the race [even though I tend to ignore 8 year olds]. Anyone know why he’s moved stable so many times?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

Was watching last years Topham last year and Always Waining was being pushed along for quite a way out (4th last onwards) which seems to suggest to me that further could only be a benefit? He might not have much of a record over further than 3 miles, but that said he doesn’t have much of a record over any other course bar Aintree. If he gets the ground he wants… he might just be worth a shout. Shame he couldn’t get in 2 years ago.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

BetVictor paying six places, Teaforthree jumps, travels and stays, fail to see how he would be out of the frame. Printing money?

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

Printing money?

One of the bigger pieces of Hyperbole i’ve ever read, but I can’t fault your confidence!

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.