The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Preakness 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Preakness 2012

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Once again neither of our self styled dedicated racing channels can be bothered securing the rights to show live coverage of this year’s Preakness.

Does anybody know where it can be viewed live please?

• Total Posts 614

Do the Americans show European races ?

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

If you search a bit later you should be able to find somewhere offering a live stream. I found a network in Houston to watch the Kentucky Derby. If I find somewhere later I will post a link.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Do the Americans show European races ?

TVG has most of the major meetings; they showed the Lockinge this morning. They also show Australian races late at night and major Japanese races on Saturday nights.

As for online streams, see which ones work in the UK.
    http://www.pimlico.com/race-info/streaming-video
    http://www.drf.com/drf/live_video/pimlico/120020
    http://hqplayer.nbcsports.com/Player.ht … msnbc.com/

Post time for the Preakness (race 12): 6:18pm EDT (I think that’s 10:18 GMT?)

Participant
    • Total Posts 590

Once again neither of our self styled dedicated racing channels can be bothered securing the rights to show live coverage of this year’s Preakness.

Does anybody know where it can be viewed live please?

Funny because earlier in the week ATR were stating that they were intending to show the Preakness live. Pimlico has also been included as part of their Stateside shows over the last couple of weeks. However, this has suddenly disappeared over the last couple of days.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Thanks everyone for the assistance. Shame on ATR and RUK for missing the chance to show live coverage of the race that has set up the first tilt at the triple crown for 8 years.

What an epic battle. Mike Smith exonerated and I’ll Have Another showing himself to be a high class individual. Roll on the Belmont!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

:D That was exciting!
    First since Big Brown in 2008 to win the first two legs. I don’t think Bode will be back for 12 furlongs, but Dullahan and Union Rags should make the Belmont a great race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

:D That was exciting!
    First since Big Brown in 2008 to win the first two legs. I don’t think Bode will be back for 12 furlongs, but Dullahan and Union Rags should make the Belmont a great race.

Sorry, yes its 4 years not 8 years since the last Triple Crown bid was sunk! :oops:

I really hope I’ll Have Another does it but as you say Rags and Dullahan will be tough cookies indeed. Although I was a Rags supporter I will obviously switch allegiance in the Belmont and hope we witness history. That said, Rags did meet with trouble twice in the Derby and could cause IHA most problems. However he is becoming one of those horses who always seems to find trouble in his races and probably just isn’t brave enough to go for gaps when they appear.

Whatever, it will be a magnificent race and who knows maybe we will be treated to treated to two triple crowns in one year – as we were in 1935 courtesy of Bahram and Omaha.

• Total Posts 19

I’m really hoping Bode is back for the Belmont Stakes. This horse has been incredible… he was pushed into three 24 or sub quarters in the race.

This has been a real rivalry such as Affirmed/Aldar. To see Bode not compete would be crushing. I mean he only lost the last two races by a couple of jumps. A little more racing luck and who knows?

I don’t think a race with Union Rags and Dullahan will capture the imagination of the general public, though die hard racing fans will enjoy it, for sure.

We need Bode, and another thrilling stretch finish….

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

I’m really hoping Bode is back for the Belmont Stakes. This horse has been incredible… he was pushed into three 24 or sub quarters in the race.

This has been a real rivalry such as Affirmed/Aldar. To see Bode not compete would be crushing. I mean he only lost the last two races by a couple of jumps. A little more racing luck and who knows?

I don’t think a race with Union Rags and Dullahan will capture the imagination of the general public, though die hard racing fans will enjoy it, for sure.

We need Bode, and another thrilling stretch finish….

Baffert already confirmed that Bode will be rested till the Haskell. No chance of him getting 12 furlongs, and he definitely seemed worn out at the end of the Preakness.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.