The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2012 Arkle

Home Forums Archive Topics 2012 Arkle

Viewing 12 posts - 613 through 624 (of 624 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20

I’ve timed SS from the last as well and I’ll do the same for Sizing Europe tomorrow. I’m pretty certain that SE will be around a second quicker when he cruises up to win tomorrow.

• Total Posts 614

I agree. I think some people expect too much, without realising how good an achievement it is to win an Arkle in that fashion. Even Sizing Europe won by 1/2 length, and look how he’s come on since. Cue Card is a good horse in his own right. I like Sprinter Sacres arrogance and athleticism over these fences. He’s just glides over them with the upmost confidence. The word ‘exhuberant’ has been used to describe his jumping, but what’s just as important is his exhuberance on landing. I’m gonnae slightly irk one or two, but i can’t help but to say he’s the Frankel of the national hunt, in that he’s fast, can’t be touched and people harp on about how he needs to settle, and everyone wants to oppose him, but will eventually surrender to his greatness !

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

completely agree. people always seem to find a way to knock horses, however impressive they might look. sometimes you just have to hold up your hands and say "too good" which I think is the case with this horse. then again if we all agreed with each other, it would be pretty boring wouldn’t it? :D

agree as well with the guy who said he was dossing. watching the replay just now, its really apparent that at some point geraghty could have let him go and he would have gone away to win by 20 lengths, but why ruin the horse when theres bigger fish to fry?

I think he’ll murder sizing europe next year. he’s a very solid and good horse but i’m not totally convinced he’ll win tomorrow, and he certainly doesn’t excite me in the same way this sprinter sacre beast does.

• Total Posts 1508

I was wrong (Again) about

Sprinter Sacre

,he was Awesome,effortless and always in command! Well done all those who had the foresight to see his untapped potential with Ante-Post vouchers with double figure prices! ‘Hurdygurdyman’…Hats off to you! :x

• Total Posts 46

He’s a monster. Barry just tried to give him an easy enough race he could have asked him to go on and would have won by a fence. He’s sat there cruising in front doing everything in his comfort zone and as soon as Barry shakes the reigns up he soars clear up this dreaded hill he apparently struggles to get up. Cue Card ran a stormer and plenty of people thought he had the 2nd best piece of form in the race and it proved correct. Al Ferof was a touch unlucky that he dived at one but this is jumps racing and personally I don’t think he would have got any closer than CC. I think Ted Walsh’s comment about his wind op was a bit of a silly one. Are there many horses in training that haven’t had one!? Anyway whatever happens I hope he can stay in one piece as he will dominate races over 2 miles. I don’t know if Aintree is the next stop or not? Maybe Punchestown? Wherever he goes he’s a pleasure to watch and the ultimate chaser in every way. Proud to have spotted him so early and stuck with him throughout.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

I’ve timed SS from the last as well and I’ll do the same for Sizing Europe tomorrow. I’m pretty certain that SE will be around a second quicker when he cruises up to win tomorrow.

Whats the point? Sprinter Sacre was eased in the end.

Sizing Europe has to be better than Moscow Flyer to have any chance of beating Sprinter Sacre, in last 20 years only 1 horse won it at 11 and that was Moscow Flyer and not just youre 11 but you have to beat Sprinter Sacre.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I thought it was very good performance. I fully expected Sprinter Sacre to win but there just appeared to be a slight hint, as many have suggested, that he is much better suited by a flatter track and that the Cheltenham hill is not fully to his liking. Impressive nevertheless.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Agreed. I was shouting my head off at the last willing him up the hill.

I don’t think he found as much as people suspect he did coming up that hill

and I certainly wouldn’t back him again odds-on at the Festival.

Crazy.

He won’t get up the hill
    He didn’t find as much up the hill

Where will the next line be drawn ?

He…was….awesome.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

The 7/4 for the 2013 Queen Mum has gone.

He. Is. A. Beast.

Now I believe…

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

The 7/4 for the 2013 Queen Mum has gone.

He. Is. A. Beast.

Now I believe…

Best horse I have seen in a long time but for whatever reason Henderson’s horses will always be in doubt of making the meeting IMO.

There just seems to be some form of controversy and I’d want 7/4 about him even making the race.

Lee

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Could be a bold claim but after looking at this race countless times, we talk if Sprinter Sacre would have won a Champion Chase, I think it maybe fair and actually also say that Cue Card probably would hold a major chance winning it this year as well if there was no Sprinter Sacre about.

Al Ferof could hold his own against Finians Rainbow, with or without the mistake he was routed by Cue Card too, think the handicapper has underrated Cue Card imo, its just hard luck for Cue Card he has to face Sprinter Sacre, if I was Tizzard I’d stay and battle Sprinter Sacre for 2m pots then go for the Ryanair, he seems a natural 2m chaser to me, be wrong on the horse to extended his trip.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

There’s not much more to be said about Sprinter Sacre. What impressed me most was the way he picked up again from the back of the last when Cue Card looked to be closing him down. It says it all that Finians Rainbow will probably be aimed at the Ryanair next season.

Cue Card ran a cracker. If you take Sprinter Sacre out of the race Cue Card has won an Arkle by 22 lengths, whether that says more about Cue Card or the opposition is hard to know. What is certain is that he is unlucky to be a novice chaser in the same season as Sprinter Sacre.

If I owned the horse I’d send him to Ireland next season. Big Zeb looks set for retirement and there will be plenty of 2 mile chases in the calender that Sizing Europe will not be contesting. Flemenstar may be campaigned over further so the likes of Realt Dubh could be the beneficiary.

Viewing 12 posts - 613 through 624 (of 624 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.