The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2019

Viewing 14 posts - 586 through 599 (of 599 total)
  • Author
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 972

Ok that makes sense, in fact when it’s analysed like that you could say Ryan on TS helped set it up for Magna Grecia by slowing the pace of the centre group a bit! It doesn’t explain Kick On though? We were all hoping he would go on, could he have injected a bit more pace? If he didn’t because he thought shine so bright was going too quick then ultimately that is jockey error? Maybe that’s a bit harsh but ideally you would think that he’d want Kick On ahead of Magna Grecia no? At half way he’s about 1.5L behind him. Do you think Oisin looks back at it today and thinks he’d do something different? Or maybe he was doing it on purpose as I think they said they were using it partly as a trial for the French Derby? It’s still a big coincidence that a 66/1 no hoper came second drawn on that side by the way, but coincidences happen! Magna Grecia On this analysis should be nailed on for the Irish 2000 you’d think no? Surely they’ll run pacemakers this time

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 972

Ah just seen he’s 4/6!

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

It doesn’t explain Kick On though?

True

We were all hoping he would go on, could he have injected a bit more pace?

Yes

If he didn’t because he thought shine so bright was going too quick then ultimately that is jockey error?

Yes

Maybe that’s a bit harsh but ideally you would think that he’d want Kick On ahead of Magna Grecia no?

Yes

At half way he’s about 1.5L behind him. Do you think Oisin looks back at it today and thinks he’d do something different?

Yes

…Or maybe “probably” would be more acurate than “yes” to all. Things happen to change plans. I backed Kick On expecting him to be the leader, but tbh he (the horse) got a bit up tight beforehand and Oisin may have thought Kick On might overdo it if in front.

Although to be fair Kick On didn’t show enough to suggest he’d have been close even if things went ideally.

value is everything
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 972

Cheers for the analysis GT, good to try and understand after the event

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Only my opinion, Frenchy; I could be wrong.

value is everything
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 992

Nathan pleaaase change your avatar back to the one and only :good:
    I think he gave you reason enough tonight :yahoo:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

the Forum won’t let me Hein, I tried a few days ago and again just now
    I’ve said time and time again Klopp is a genius
    need to finish the job now… :good:

Member since March 2008
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 992

Well, that’s a pity and I don’t quite understand this.
    His photo was accepted beforehand, so why shouldn’t it go now?
    Best of luck for the final, they really deserve this title, as for me they are the British version of the BVB at better days (which of course is a wild interpretation) :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

The forum would let me as such
    I think it’s another bug… :wacko:

Member since March 2008
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 992

Sure, then I trust you there :bye:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9959

I can’t upload any photos Nathan tried after the Nell Gwyn but would not load the link from tinypic. :unsure: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

I can’t either, Jac
    I have posted elsewhere using tinypic so am guessing its the forum platform, site issues thing

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

I get this message when trying to change my avatar

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wp_handle_upload() in /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp-admin/includes/media.php:297 Stack trace: #0 /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-local-avatars/simple-local-avatars.php(381): media_handle_upload(‘simple-local-av…’, 0, Array, Array) #1 /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Simple_Local_Avatars->edit_user_profile_update(5611) #2 /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #3 /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/users/functions.php(1419): do_action(‘personal_option…’, 5611) #5 /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): bbp_edit_user_handler(‘bbp-update-user’) #6 /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp- in /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp-admin/includes/media.php on line 297

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9959

Perhaps David or Matron could throw some light on this for us Nathan.
    Fatal error sounds a bit sinister :wacko:
    ‘The truth is out there’

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 14 posts - 586 through 599 (of 599 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.