The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 599 total)
  • Author
    viktors89viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 337

Meh.

they got fooled.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26551

with 5 places being on offer. I’ve taken a chance that King Of Change at 100/1 might just squeeze
    in.

Nice priced 100/1 place BigG.

value is everything
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26551

2000 Guineas day and once again Ryan Moore sacrificed by Coolmore. Last year went to USA in order to ride a much less likely Kentucky Derby horse. This term rides the very doubtful stayer, a doubtful stayer who needs the greater jockeyship/jockey (might pull his chance away)… All in order to maximise the combined chance of team Coolmore.

How long is the so called “number 1 jockey” going to put up with being deliberately put on horses with less chance of winning?…

…When doing so just so happens to put the trainer’s son on the horse with the best chance of winning.

Nepotism? :unsure:

value is everything
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6671

Cheers Ginger, I’m happy to settle for that, and it was boosted to 117/1 by Willie Hills :good:

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2698

Horse with the best form at the distance and with pace on his side of the draw

Sometimes it’s that simple.

Advertise – trainer’s horses aren’t running well
    Al Hilalee -seemed to hate the Rowley Mile and the dip

Well done those in profit !

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1422

Well done winners

Could pick the winner miles out

Mainly because nothing bar the 3 on the rail got into the race, they got the slip on the rest of the field

TheKryptonFactorTheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1015

That was a farcical race. Of course Magna Grecia could be the best horse in the race but you’d have to raise massive question marks about the validity of the evidence given the draw bias. Very disappointing Guineas.

newyork1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

Pretty simple in the end!!!

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 464

Agree with you Krypton. Is Magna Grecia that much better than the ones in the middle of the course?

Not a good race.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2698

Looked to me like stands side were at about 3 lengths up with 2 furlongs to go

newyork1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

He was one of only 3 grp 1 winners in the field. He had 3 runs prior to this and on his 2nd he was beaten a head by PK who most would of had down as the winner of his race had he turned up. Now all of a sudden his win was a fluke? The best horse won it really is that simple :yahoo:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6671

Cheers Ginger, I’m happy to settle for that, and it was boosted to 117/1 by Willie Hills :good:

Cancel the boost for above, the bet was settled at 100/1 and having queried it with them I now
    am aware that the boost only refers to the win part of the bet. My fault for not reading the
    small print. Nonetheless, still quite happy :good:

viktors89viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 337

Agreed Krypton, impossible to say the best horse won it when there was such distance from both groups, also I would think the best horse in the race would have further than 2-3 lengths a 100/1 shot, even if the latter outrun his odds.

Madhmoon ran a cracker, I reckon he’s only going to get better.

Aidan just said that TS will head to the Commonwealth cup.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 637

It has to go down as a very disappointing Guineas race wise. It’s a fair question to ask whether MG would’ve still won from stall 5 let’s say. Anyway we’ll never know. King of Change is the type of horse that does well in the Guineas and never places for the rest of the year. Skardu came 3rd and didn’t even improve his RPR from the previous race. It’s a very unsatisfactory Guineas this year. Madhmoon is still one to take out of it for me, gutted that rain got into the ground, I was not expecting that and we didn’t see him on his likely preferred GF. He might need further but for now I have him high up on the shortlist for the St James palace on likely GF in June. TS looks like we will see against Calyx in the CC, very exciting race now. Of the others, I go back to what I said earlier on the thread. There is something not right with Charlie Applebys horses at the moment. Line of Duty was supposed to run and didn’t, Al Hilalee was supposed to go Craven/Dante route and then runs like that in this. I think its pretty poor after last year that Charlie Appleby can’t get a horse to run well in the Guineas this year I know Quorto got injured, but even so.

Shocker from Advertise as well but one still on the shortlist for the Jersey or CC for me potentially, he was never going to even stay for me in this.

Well done to all with profit though! And thanks to the advice on this thread I managed to get my money back on a Magna Grecia Saver! :good:

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4757

Well done Mike in particular.
    Myself I won about a fiver on the race but am happy with that considering how badly Advertise ran ( I feel I got out of jail)

I think mile races later in the year could prove to be very interesting when we get a level playing field!

Just a point just before the race Johnny Murtagh said he thought the high numbers would do well because of Shine So Bright and he was proved right!

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 599 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.