The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

20 May

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dale101
    • Total Posts 37

So far +3…

2.10 Newb; Crosspeace

Good third in 1m2f G3 race last time, trip well within range, in top form, stable in good form.   ;)

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

Clear Impression – Nottingham distaff sprint.  Highly regarded as a youngster, encouraging return behind Indian Maiden and will strip fitter for that run.  Back up to 6f will help too.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I believe it’s a fillies and mares race, not a distaff sprint. This aint the good ol’ US of A.

I really like the look of Mango Music in the 4.25 at Newbury. She was sixth in a race at Ripon won by Antica that is working out well (both Bentong and Rochdale sunbsequent winners and Antica upheld then form since) and this filly shaped better than the result suggests as well, third home on her side and not given at all a hard time by Tony Culhane. She has a smart pedigree and her 2 runs to date have been on an easy surface so we know she goes on the conditions.

(Edited by davidjohnson at 12:35 pm on May 20, 2006)

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

1:55 Nottingham

The draw can be a bit of a player here, which might scupper things a little (or possibly play into our hands – I don’t think things are as clear cut as some might believe), but…

I’ll play this soft-happy quartet in exacta/forecast and tricast combinations to smallish stakes (12 x 30p and 24 x 10p respectively, making sick squid):

WHISTLER<br>RUSSIAN ROCKET<br>CHATSHOW<br>SEVEN NO TRUMPS

I’m quietly not completely unconfident…

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

2:35 Thirsk – 5f Maiden Race

Those that have raced have shown very little and I think the newcomers can dominate. The three I like best on paper are Eliza May, Moonlight Applause and Theoretical, but the latter doesn’t seem fancied so I’ll try a reverse f/c with the first two

1pt r/fc Eliza May/ Moonlight Applause

1st Eliza May 11/4f<br>2nd Fly Time 10/3

Not overly upset considering the price the winner was.

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 2:54 pm on May 20, 2006)

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

It’s the same thing DJ, I was getting in the Preakness spirit ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.