The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

13 Claims

Home Forums Horse Racing 13 Claims

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 41

Yesterday at Redcar, the M W Easterby trained LE DELUGE (Fr) comfortably won the 3:40 race – a 10f C6 classified claimer. According to data posted on the BHA website there were a total of 13 claims (at £4,000 a claim) lodged against the 4yo gelding.

[attachment=0:2atthcni]Claim.jpg[/attachment:2atthcni]
    Since such data has been made publicly available online by the BHA, this is the highest number of claims I’ve seen lodged against a horse in a UK seller or claiming race.

I don’t know if anybody else out there can come up with a higher number.

Peters
    Participant
    • Total Posts 68

Excuse my ignorance, but if there are several claims for a horse how do they decide who is successful with their claim?

Is it whoever claims first or do they draw lots, or is it a penalty shootout (like to see Mick Easterby v Ann Stokell at that!!)?

• Total Posts 41

As I understand it, all claims lodged against runners in UK selling and claiming races are now made over the phone to Wetherbys between the hours of 09:30 and 15 minutes after the scheduled race off time on the day of the race.

In order to lodge a claim, a person (or an authorised agent representing that person) must be in possession of a valid security pin number previously issued to that person by Wetherbys.

In the event of there being more than one claim lodged against a horse, Wetherbys are authorised to decide the successful claim by ballot. On this particular occasion Annie Stokell’s name was the first out of the hat.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

I do recall there being several in the past pod with more claims but unfortunately did not note them down at the time for future reference.

Quite a loss on the horse as she cost 30 grand last October.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.