The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

1000 Guineas ( 1997 – 2006)

Home Forums Horse Racing 1000 Guineas ( 1997 – 2006)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DannyDanny
    • Total Posts 790

If all the above raced in the Guineas at the same time who would have won ?

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

It can only be Russian Rhythm, imo, as she passed the acid test of beating top colts.

It’s a pity the year range didn’t back another year to include Bosra Sham ;that would have been one hell of a race

(Edited by ClintM at 11:53 am on April 29, 2007)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Definately RR. But thats as much down to the others beinga fairly ordinary bunch perhaps….

Previous 10 years threw up some better winners maybe?

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Cape Verdi’s winning time gives her the edge over Russian Rhythm, for me. Things went wrong for her after the Guineas but she was brilliant that day.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Hardly the greatest list ever put together. I presume you must be in your 20’s Danny.

The great Miesque would have wiped the floor with the lot of them.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

I barely remember Ameerat. as gus says CV won easily in a fast time but I went for RR.

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

Quote: from guskennedy on 12:34 pm on April 29, 2007[br]Cape Verdi’s winning time gives her the edge over Russian Rhythm, for me. Things went wrong for her after the Guineas but she was brilliant that day.<br>

It is such a shame that she wasn’t able to display her considerable talents more than she actually did.

I remember feeling suicidal when Sheikh Mohammed announced, in his wisdom, that he was going to run her in the Derby rather than the Oaks, because I had backed her at largish odds ante-post to win the Epsom Fillies’ Classic. I still feel the pain of it all to this day.

AraziArazi
    • Total Posts 263

Russian Rhythm beat the best quality field assembled for the 1,000 Guineas that I have seen. The three filly’s that finished directly behind her that day were Six Perfections, Intercontinental & Soviet Song.<br>Six Perfections & Intercontinental both went on to win at the Breeder’s Cup and obviously Soviet Song won quite a few Group 1 races. Add to that the horse that finished sixth place was Casual Look who went on to win the Oaks on her next start.

Cape Verdi is the only one from that list that I could possibly put up against RR. She was hugely impressive the day she won the Guineas and it’s a shame that we never got to see the best of her again.

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Quote: from madman marz on 12:34 pm on April 29, 2007[br]Hardly the greatest list ever put together. I presume you must be in your 20’s Danny.

The great Miesque would have wiped the floor with the lot of them.<br>

Yeah, Danny should have gone back in time to get different horses to win…

Interesting view on Russian Rhythm.  I seem to recall a lot of people saying another horse was decidedly unlucky that day…

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Just watched RRs race a few times today – what a messy race.  Kieren did so well to get her off the rail just when things were going completly pear shaped there.  She then showed great acceleration but I think if Thierry had held his nerve and come through a gap – rather than swinging wide when all the horses were quickening into the dip – there would have been a different result.

Nobody rides the Rowley Mile as well as Kieren – his record in both Guineas’ is just outstanding.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.