- Total Posts 1665
We don’t yet know the nature of GW’s fertility problems.
1. He could have congenital sperm abnormalities, like Cigar.
2. He could have an extremely low sperm count, like Assault.
3. He could be impotent, "gay", if you prefer.
4. He could be suffering from some kind of viral or bacterial infection.
5. He could be sexually immature, and be ok in a year or so’s time, like Honeyway.
As for "Coolmore may well have commitments to mare owners which can only be resolved by fielding a suitable replacement"….
While most inconvenient for mare owners, they just have to go and book another stallion. If it was good enough for Tesio it should be more than good enough for Coolmore.