The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: The QM Champion Chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion The QM Champion Chase Reply To: The QM Champion Chase

SirHarryLewis
Participant
  • Total Posts 1212

Quote: from trackside528 on 7:13 pm on Mar. 9, 2007[br]Nickname is an admirably consistent sort, but he has really been beating very little (Central House is a pale shadow of the horse he was last year).. furthermore, I don’t even think Martin Brassil thought they would be running in this race for much of the year, so, naturally, hoovered up any and all 2m chase opportunities.. lastly, I’ll be shocked if he comes up the hill stronger than the likes of Well Chief or Voy Por Ustedes.. basically it all adds up to a decent lay (probably just before the race as he is getting hammered in the ring)..

Nickname is a very good horse chaser and was a very good hurdler.  I saw him win on his debut in Ireland when he beat Our Ben.  Never saw a horse to handle abysmal conditions as well and I wouldnt lay him even against well chief who I think is brilliant while the ground is bad.

Voy Por Ustedes is overrated in my opinion and even if he is not, he wont be as effective on soft ground. If I were a laying man, this is the one I would lay.

New Mill would also be better on good ground IMO

<br>

SHL