The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: The QM Champion Chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion The QM Champion Chase Reply To: The QM Champion Chase

Anonymous
Inactive
  • Total Posts 170

Don’t get me started on 2003 again…heady days!!

Must admit, I am having the same problem this year. A lot of the value seems to have gone in races and the bookmakers do not seem to be offering too many tempting prices. I would not be surprised to see a lot bigger value on the day then has been available this week on lots of the favourites.

As far as favourites go, there are a lot of short prices about if you can pick the right one for the accumulator. I.e. Denmen, Kauto Star, Gungudu, Aran concerto, Wichita Lineman, Well chief,  are all smaller then 2/1 and when you chuck in, Detroit City (9/4), Ameratto Rose (generally 3’s), Monet’s Garden (7/2), Fair along and MWDS (Both under 7/2), Whyso Mayo (9/4), Lounas (7/2) BLK and nglis Drever (both under 100/30) and 3 horses both 7/2 for the cross country.

(so we have 6 favourites lower then 2/1, and 11 horses (for 8 races lower then 7/2)

Are bookmakers getting tighter with their odds or is it just me?? That is 14 of the races out of 24 we have AT least one horse below 7/2??

Sorry to go off on one on the thread but I think a lot of the prices are to short for such a competitive meeting.