The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: For Anyone who wants to Retire!

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems For Anyone who wants to Retire! Reply To: For Anyone who wants to Retire!

dave jay
  • Total Posts 3386

darrell asked about Stop at a Winner Plans on the other thread, so I’ll post up what I think here. IMO, they are useful if you are trying to win a fixed amount of money on a given day, or you are in the %bank camp. The funny things with ‘Stop at a Winner’ is that you’ll have shorter losing runs, but you won’t increase your overall strike rate or profitability in the long run and benefit gained from omitting losing runs can be lost you are restricting your turnover. So, there agian, it’s down to the individual’s psychological makeup. As I am at work most of the time when the racing is on I don’t use them, consequently, when I’m not at work I don’t miss them.

MrE, the staking plan I said earlier was the one described by VDW, but as you know, these things have usually been around for ages before someone picks it up and touts it around as their own idea. I would have been shocked, no stunned, if he was the originator.:biggrin: