The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: For Anyone who wants to Retire!

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems For Anyone who wants to Retire! Reply To: For Anyone who wants to Retire!

MrE
Participant
  • Total Posts 2149

Hi Dave, this staking lark is a very difficult one aint it. I think a lot of us are able to select a good share of winners at decent prices, but staking, there’s the rub. Its so emotive that whatever one writes, it’ll be cried down. From my experience, the pro places a larger bet on the higher priced GG because of the "value". It doesn’t matter if its 2/1 or 10/1, he still is expecting a winner, the only thing is that he is able to take out "insurance" by covering for a place and still come out with a profit. I don’t think any serious bettor would go for a win only on the larger price selections, they will sensibly cover their arse and chuck the place bet on. When alls said and done, the big boys BELIEVE they’ve found the winner, surely a time to "make hay". I’m not saying that I agree with this or even follow it, at my level it doesn’t matter one jot, it’s just the way that I know a few of the biggies think……. that staking method looks reasonable enough mate, I’ll find time tomorrow to have a deeper look. As for my staking, I use a number of methods and although I’m not sure, I believe that one of them may be VDW, I can’t be sure cos I’ve had this ‘un for 40 years and I dunno if VDW was around then…… bugger, makes me sound like Methusala…… hehehe……… good thread you started here Dave, we’ll get to Page 2 soon…..:biggrin:

MrE