The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: For Anyone who wants to Retire!

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems For Anyone who wants to Retire! Reply To: For Anyone who wants to Retire!

MrE
Participant
  • Total Posts 2149

Hi Snow, very pleased to meet you….. I am entirely in agreement with you as regards using ROI to weigh up the unknown, to iron out which method or which tipster is the most beneficial. This is the only way to set your stall and prepare yourself for the period ahead. What I was trying to say was that once I was happy with that selection process (and its ROI), it was no longer an important factor in my future betting. I had made my bed and the decision on how to proceed was already set in stone so it made any further reference to ROI, irrelevant…… I started all my studying of systems  over 40 years ago, and tipsters also, but the ROI NEVER says static enough to give absolute guidance, you can only look at the here and now to make your decision and you will live or die by that decision. Systems/Tipsters can go through bad spells immediately after they’ve turned in a fabulous ROI, if that happens, then what a waste of time the ROI is, and it happens. I take my guidance from a pro’ that I hold great respect for, he says that after a considerable time proofing or paper trading a system/tipster, you then forget the ROI, you just risk one bank. No matter how bad a run the system is having, you continue until that particular bank is blown. Now were outa the realms of ROI now, were into putting your money where your mouth is….. if YOU consider that the system/ tipster is worthy of your investment, give it every chance and follow it to the death (of the bank)……. Phewwww!!!! …. I’ve had a couple of scotches, does it show……… hehehehe….. I get a dose of verbal diaree… diorae….. diarhea…… awww, the sh*ts…….. I’ll read this back and if it doesn’t make sense, sod ya, I wont post it……<br>:smiley: :smiley:

MrE