The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: For Anyone who wants to Retire!

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems For Anyone who wants to Retire! Reply To: For Anyone who wants to Retire!

MrE
Participant
  • Total Posts 2149

Hello, smee again…. Sorry to rabbit on but systems and staking plans are a bit of a no go area for a lot of punters but they’re a pot of gold for me. Take Kersly’s system selection on Saturday, Coppington Flyer, I would never have given that a second thought if the system hadn’t selected it. I took it a 9/1 which was a bit of a bonus but without my selecting it on the behalf of Kers, I woulda missed it and been £90 worse off. Systems should never be sniggered at and neither should SOME tipsters, they are a short cut to sorting out a small list of horses for you to concentrate on. Because a horse has been selected by Mr Wonderful, doesn’t mean that you should bet it without a second thought. It means that you must look at that horse for a second, third and fourth time to confirm your agreement, if you dont agree with it, dont bet it, nobody is twisting your arm. I use them as a guide only, much the same as paying £30+ per month for the Racing Post. I must say here that tipsters that I would place this much confidence in are few and far between……. now the other hot potato, staking plans. These are very individual but I see anomalies in some plans that just dont sit right with me. A very basic plan is the 5% of bank scenario, to me a total waste of space and a road to nowhere fast, it works of course, but what a long drawn out method and not a very sound basis unless you have a selection method that just rolls out reams of winners. With a starting bank of £1000 and selections of summat like L… L… L… 3/1…… you will lose money using that method cos the stakes woulda been 50… 47… 45… 43.. and you would have lost money betting that way…. BUT…. if the staking had been REVERSED, you would have made a profit, with levels, you would only break even…… Staking Plans are an absolute essential if you wanna get in front, it just a matter of picking the plan thats suits you………. so thats it, if I’ve trod on any toes, sorry…. hehehehe…..<br>:smiley:

MrE