The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: How many 2007 Chelt Festival winners did we see today

Home Forums Horse Racing How many 2007 Chelt Festival winners did we see today Reply To: How many 2007 Chelt Festival winners did we see today

dandan
  • Total Posts 199

A lot of crap being talked about a great horse.

It doesn’t matter a jot that he hasn’t won a Gold Cup.

He has won TEN grade 1’s against top class opposition.

He has the heart of a lion as we know from his victories against War Of Attrition and The Listener this year, and his ability to finish a never-nearer fourth in a Gold Cup after jumping woefully with a sore back to hinder him.

He has the constitution of an ox, given that he has been winning these grade 1’s since 2003-

Colnol Braxton is dead.<br>Tiutchev has retired.<br>Harbour Pilot has retired.<br>Kicking King has almost certainly retired.<br>Best Mate is dead.<br>Hedgehunter has done nothing this season.<br>War Of Attrition has done nothing this season.

Beef Or Salmon, on the other hand, was busy turning around 8l of Christmas form over a very high class, progressive young horse at Leopardstown last Saturday.

To my mind, he is an absolute monster. And I’m sure connections will agree given he has earned them well in excess of 1,000,000 euros down the years.

Anyone who doesn’t agree this is a great horse- well I’ll be laughing at you rather than listening to you.<br>

(Edited by dandan at 3:34 pm on Feb. 12, 2007)