The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: Considering it's come in to 10s ….

Home Forums Archive Topics Considering it's come in to 10s …. Reply To: Considering it's come in to 10s ….

Grimes
Participant
  • Total Posts 1891

That’s what I remember, bluechariot. I didn’t get the haredy lad at 33s, but I did take twenties. Of course, I was as surprised as I was delighted that he actually won!

Assuming Dempsey runs in the Imperial Cup, and also that he can translate his chasing ability to hurdling, do you think that he would have so much in hand of the other runners at the weights, that he would still win in the likely heavy going?

The softest he’s won in, in the past, I think, was good to soft. I’ve taken 9s on the Tote on him and 10.5 on Betfair, but I fear the going – assuming he runs – will be his undoing.

The only time he’s run on soft was when he blundered and unseated his rider, in a race won by Kauto Star.

A matter of opinion, of course, Danny, but I think THL would eat BJK for breakfast, then ask for more.

Though he’s not often been extended, I don’t think any of BJK’s times have been up to much, not within 30+ points of his hardy nib’s best RP speed figures.

Late news. Celestial Wave’s out of it. Just as I was going to out zummit on it. It’s an ill wind. <br>(Edited by Grimes at 5:16 pm on Mar. 6, 2007)<br>

(Edited by Grimes at 5:19 pm on Mar. 6, 2007)