The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: Black Jack

Home Forums Horse Racing Black Jack Reply To: Black Jack

Danny
  • Total Posts 790

The market leaders for the Ladbrookes World Hurdle :<br>Black Jack Ketchum 7/4 <br>Inglis Drever 4/1 <br>Mighty Man 5/1<br>Blazing Bailey 8/1<br>Asian Maze 8/1

<br>The above are the main contenders for the Ladbrookes World Hurdle and with all of them having there problems i believe if BJK runs he will win by about 4-5 lengths.

Inglis Drever was a top class horse there’s no doubt about it him winning the stayers hurdle beating Baracouda proves that, since his return from injury he has proved he’s retained some of that ability beating Irish Wolf by a neck and finishing 4 lengths behind Blazing Bailey last time out but to reverse that form at Cheltenham he will need to be back to his best.

Mighty Man for me is the biggest challenger to BJK, he was 3rd in the LWH last year and then he went on to win at Aintree beating MWDS, this season he was 2nd to Hardy Eustace and then he beat Lough Derg last time out in December where Blazing Bailey was back in 4th his problem for me tho is in Last years LWH he was outpaced with 3 hurdles left to jump.

Blazing Bailey has been beaten by both MM and BJK on Soft and Good to Soft and imo he only has a chance if the ground is heavy (which is unlikely)

Asian Maze has been running poorly in ireland in champion hurdle trials, he doesn’t look to have the form of a festival winner.

Black Jack Ketchum has won 8 out of 9 races 4 of those wins being at cheltenham and imo he will prove how good he is in the world hurdle and as already stated Mccoy thinks he is a special horse so who are we to disagree.