The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: Pointers-December

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Pointers-December Reply To: Pointers-December

MrE
Participant
  • Total Posts 2149

Hi Kers, I might be able to help you out here…. as a general rule of thumb (and this works well 8 times outa 10), you wait for the second show. If the price has shortened, you strike the bet, if it has lengthened you wait and you take it on its first shortening. Dont wait much longer than a couple of minutes before the off and take a price. Most of the late money gets lumped on then and I dont know how many times that the SP has been returned at a shorter price than the last show. Just watch the market and use a bit of common sense and you’ll beat the SP on most ocassions. On my personal bets on that Tana River I never got 5/4, but I did get evens, and that was in Laddies betting shop, there musta been plenty available on Betfair…. On the Variant thread I will claim 4/5 cos getting that was a doddle. If you have time, keep an eye on the second show cos thats the key to getting the best price IMO….<br>:smiley:

MrE