The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: Christie’s Foxhunters

Home Forums Horse Racing Christie’s Foxhunters Reply To: Christie’s Foxhunters

Happy JackHappy Jack
Participant
  • Total Posts 515

Didn’t really see that one coming – Drombeag has always had stacks of potential but certainly didn’t expect him to show it fully today. A fine training performance (but also cue grumblings from myself & others about professionally trained horses in hunter chases – although this isn’t the time and place for that).

There is no point whatsoever complaining about Whyso Mayo’s jumping as you have got to factor that in when you back him. He was just unfortunate to come up against something today that stayed the trip extremely well (unsurprising considering he was once third in the NH Chase), jumped like a buck and was given a masterful ride by a man who, for the past decade, has been the most consistently good amateur on either side of the Irish Sea.

I’m disappointed, but it’s not the end of the world. I still think that Whyso Mayo is the best hunter chaser around and am confident he’ll prove it if he turns up at Punchestown.

Hey-ho, onwards and upwards, back to trying to find the winner of the Restricted at Cottenham tomorrow :biggrin: