The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: Christie’s Foxhunters

Home Forums Horse Racing Christie’s Foxhunters Reply To: Christie’s Foxhunters

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
Participant
  • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from Irish Stamp on 8:26 pm on Mar. 12, 2007[br]<br> On rules form i’d side with Patches who looked promising for Nicholls a couple of seasons back but is only young (6 or 7 maybe now?).<br>

<br>Looks like that’s two of us against HJ and for Patches, then! It’s the two-sided thing of whether you damn Patches’ point-to-point wins as being routinely unimpressive conquerings of older, fatter rivals; or start to convince yourself that there is a lot more to come than taking on that lesser opposition so far has enabled him to show.

I just take the view that Barber is under no obligation to run a horse in the race, especially one without any other Rules experience this year (and for quite some time before that); and that the precedence for him winning it with a charge only raced between the flags in preparation is certainly there.

The drying ground counts as a big plus also, and swings things away from Bica a bit in my estimation.

Whyso Mayo is as short as he is for a reason, and as this is another very ordinary renewal (as Martin rightly stated), expecting anything to topple him with confidence is tricky. However, having laid Amaretto Rose, Detroit City, Well Chief and BJK already this week I feel suitably emboldened. In addition to Patches, I think a few coins each-way on Climate Control (who will appreciate this better surface) and Honourable Spider (another one of very few genuinely progressive types in the race) may be in order for me.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.