The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: Who Will Win The Cheltenham Gold Cup?

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Who Will Win The Cheltenham Gold Cup? Reply To: Who Will Win The Cheltenham Gold Cup?

Flash
  • Total Posts 1144

Well I’ve backed Exotic Dancer and I wouldn’t swap bets with anyone else.

The horse has had a good season improving all the way through it and probably just as importantly his best two performances have been when stepped up in trip to three miles and slightly in excess of three miles. He wasn’t stopping at Cheltenham last time and jumped the last in the style of a horse with petrol in the tank. An extra furlong should suit rather than hinder him and he’s already run to a mark high enough to give him a winning chance. He won’t mind the ground whatever it is and he’ll be switched off early and when others are crying enough late on he’ll be getting stronger. I think he can run to a mark of mid to high 170’s and I think he has a hell of a chance.

Kauto Star if he stays and jumps error free he’ll win but I don’t think he will if he does jump round I think he’ll be running on almost empty up the hill.

War Of Attrition needs good ground he probably won’t get it and in any case his win last season was in a poor affair and only earned him a rating of around 172/173. He will need a better performance to win this time year.

In Compliance has had problems and won’t stay anyway, neither will The Listener or Racing Demon.

Our Vic won’t jump round clearly in a competitive race like this and probably won’t get home either.

State Of Play needs to improve but he’s a bit of a dark horse, lightly raced and he can run a good race.

One at a big price – Beef Or Salmon maybe? I know he doesn’t travel well but he ran well enough at Haydock earlier in the season and if the ground is really soft and he jumps OK he may surprise a few he’ll stay every yard and could reach a place if he can find enough early pace to stay in touch.

Gotta be Exotic Dancer for me though.

(Edited by Flash at 2:04 am on Feb. 25, 2007)