The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: Wolverhampton Saturday

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Wolverhampton Saturday Reply To: Wolverhampton Saturday

Colin Little
  • Total Posts 338

It really is a good card today, personally I much prefer Lingfield, but there’s only a fortnight to wait for their big AW day!

In the Listed race, I can see Party Boss trying to make all. I’d love him to win, but I’m scared of Jack Sullivan even over a sharp trip. If he is close to his best, imo JS will be too good for these. Head says no bet, heart says back Party Boss to make all.

I’ll be kicking myself if My Paris wins the Lincoln trial. I fancy him, he’s well weighted, & ran OK when favourite for this last year off an 8lb higher mark. I’ve been put off him by K.Ryan saying he’s quite not match fit, & I’m guessing they don’t want him to get a penalty for the Lincoln either. Very Wise probably needs a penalty to get in the Lincoln, so I guess he’ll be trying, so I’ll stick with him.

Imo Maltese Falcon would never have lasted home over 6f here, so in a way it’s a shame he’s a non runner (if that makes any sense). I’ll go with Ajigalo, who’s back to down to 6f & has come down in the handicap a little.

I think Alan’s horse Salute is running in the last, so good luck to the owners for later. He won well last time, but he’s up 10lb last two wins & has been off for a couple of months, instinct says he may be up against it. Would think he’d get an easier oppourtunity as the season goes on. Nawamees has a terrible win record but I quite liked the look of him. You could see Ryan Moore having a few winners today.

I was wanting to find something to take on Ektimaal with in the 2.55, but couldn’t find anything. Gifted Gamble probably has the ability, but he’s not one to have complete faith in. So Ektimaal to complete a four timer.

Not sure about the other races. Will be interested to see Whodunit run in the first maiden. He’s not a betting proposition, but I’m sure he must be better than his Lingfield run, he quite well bred.