The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: ‘… unquestionably phenomenal year’?

Home Forums Horse Racing ‘… unquestionably phenomenal year’? Reply To: ‘… unquestionably phenomenal year’?

Zorro
  • Total Posts 472

Just because our three year olds were pretty ordinary – and that includes George Washington if you measure him by what he beat and what beat him – doesn’t mean it was an ordinary season worldwide. I’m guilty of looking at racing as a global sport these days, and there were some horses around that titillated even my jaded palate.<br>Deep Impact excited me most of course, and I know professional handicappers who disagree profoundly with what they regard as the parochial (largely European) decision to downgrade him. Sadly he failed to prove them wrong in the Arc, but even in running about a stone below his best he still did pretty well.<br> My opinion and I’m entitled to it, just as the handicappers who make arbitrary decisions about certain horses are entitled to theirs.:cool: <br>Will someone clever please explain to me what George W did to get rated as highly as he was?<br>Anyway… jolly yuletide to all