The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: What horse will you always remember?

Home Forums Horse Racing What horse will you always remember? Reply To: What horse will you always remember?

BurroughhillBurroughhill
Participant
  • Total Posts 1638

Quote: from graysonscolumn on 12:24 pm on Dec. 19, 2006[br]

Quote: from Burroughhill on 6:40 am on Dec. 19, 2006[br]<br>What was that hurdler (graysonscolumn’ll know) beginning with ‘A’ probably in the eighties that was top class and died in a race at the top of his game? Bloody memory! Sorry I can’t come up with any more clues!

<br>It wasn’t Arcot of Jeremy Glover’s, was it? Killed at the last hurdle when favourite for the 1994 Swinton Hurdle.

gc

No it’s not him. I was sitting watching ATR this afternoon when it came to me in a flash….Lanzarote.

Yes I know it doesn’t begin with an A, but I couldn’t think past ‘Azertiuop’ at the time, probably because it’s got a Z in it too! My stupidity amazes even me sometimes….

I’ll have to dig out my old journal I used to keep when I was a teenager. It’s got a reference to the racing on every page. I used to make comments like "Past Master failed to start again" and "Comedy won today. Yippee!". <br>Might bring back a few memories and a few old names.

Roland I’m glad you mentioned Ei Ei! That was another I was going to add to my list this evening. He was another killed during a race, jumping the last when winning if I remember rightly. <br>

(Edited by Burroughhill at 8:57 pm on Dec. 19, 2006)