The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: What horse will you always remember?

Home Forums Horse Racing What horse will you always remember? Reply To: What horse will you always remember?

roland
  • Total Posts 302

i’m a relative newbie and my favourites all come from the present era.

Jair du cochet was a horse that had everything in his career. Robbed of a chance at the triumph hurdle due to foot and mouth but possibly the best juvenile hurdler seen for decades. His last race over hurdles as a juvenile was simply astonishing to see. <br>A fantastic novice chaser culminating in an awesome Feltham victory when 5yo which was just 1 second slower than the King George on that same day. In the Sun alliance chase that same year he came 2nd with possibly the worst ride these biased eyes have ever seen. i still have nightmares about it!<br>Pillar chase winner to boot, and one of the few horses to beat best mate at his peak he was sadly killed on the gallops preparing for the Gold Cup when 7yo.

Swansea Bay and in particular Ei Ei are my other favourites who are responsable for between them, in the years of 2002 and 2003, a hugely prosperous period within my household!;)

(Edited by roland at 7:26 pm on Dec. 19, 2006)