The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: Nick Mordin on Kauto Star

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Nick Mordin on Kauto Star Reply To: Nick Mordin on Kauto Star

clivex
  • Total Posts 3420

Sure Steve, but it baffles me that people can select or oppose a horse with such tunnel vision

You can weight the factors towards your own prejudices and the actual weighting is the i think the most crucial element

Ok KS has not produced the spped figure that Maudlin likes (although i thought he had run a good time at haydock…but anyway)

But would that outweigh the fact that he won in a seeming canter (taking seconds off presumably) and destroyed the field/ Would it outweigh Ruby’s and Paul’s very forthright opinions about the quality of this horse?

I think not frankly…

Speed is one element (which i dont get over ecited about myself) but perhaps beaciuse ratings take such a lot of work to produce, those doing so get rather carried away with their importance.

But none of this is saying hes the greatest for 20 years yet of course, although my guess is that he will prove to be (injuries permitting)