The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reply To: Vaccine passports

Home Forums Lounge Vaccine passports Reply To: Vaccine passports

Gingertipster
Participant
  • Total Posts 26833

I don’t want vaccine passports / certificates but – thinking it through – can’t see an alternative if wanting life to get back to something like normal as soon as possible.

Currently when people visit countries where there’s dangerous diseases (eg yellow fever) they need a vaccine and proof of having that vaccine. So needing proof of a covid vaccine for International travel is definitely sensible and nothing out of the ordinary.

…And then there’s those in the caring professions. I believe surgeons need certain vaccines in order to do their work. People in the caring professions – in the NHS, care homes etc – are putting their patients at a far greater risk if not having the vaccine. So imo workers in caring professions should need proof of the jab. Either with a Covid passport or certificate.

…And then there’s hospitality, the arts and sport etc. Pubs, theatres, fans at sporting events where people come close together. These too are putting their customers at risk if not having the jab… And customers / theatre goers and fans are putting other customers / theatre goers and fans at risk if not having the jab. So imo they should need proof too.

I am essentially a libertarian and don’t like the thought, but don’t see any alternative.

value is everything