Your Royal Nap, Lay and Each Way

Home Forums Royal Ascot 2018 Your Royal Nap, Lay and Each Way

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by raymo61 raymo61 50 seconds ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 18602

NAP – Rhododendron I’m on at 4’s and as much as I like Lightning Spear he does tend to put in his best run 1st time out and the Lockinge was possibly his best chance of a group 1. 2nd fav Benbatl’s trainer hardly inspires confidence also has an entry in the Prince of Wales. Rhododendron also has POW entry but her win in the Lockinge would think she stick to the mile and it doesn’t look the strongest renewal of the Queen Anne. O’Brien’s horse is versatile regard the going too which may not be the case for Recoletos who looks to enjoy plenty of cut.

LAY – Lah Ti Dar in the Ribbersdale. I’m not a layer of horses but for the purpose of the thread she looks short enough at 5/2 best price, still inexperience with just the 2 runs and was more workmanlike lto than expected to be. Missed the Oaks and some interesting horses in opposition. If the going is on the firm side I think Magic Wand could be seen in a better light than last time.

Each WAY – Crack on Crack on in the Britannia but no prices up as yet other than Skybet’s 12’s to win. So I’ll go with Anna Nerium 20/1 for the Coronation Stakes. She was very eye catching at Epsom and a strongly run race here would suit. Was 6 lengths beat in the guineas but the fractions didn’t play to her strength’s that day, the same could be said of others but think 20’s is fair enough

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1371

NAP Aljazzi Duke Of Cambridge (will play this ew but is my nap, now Botti has had a winner)

LAY Cracksman POW (don’t normally lay back but will put in a back at around 8s in running)

EW Firmament Hunt Cup Solid old boy will run his race, to be honest don’t win enough, but at around 25s and getting first six on the day, will get a run for your pennies

JamieSpencerCannyFrontrunningRide
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3

Nap-Shang Shang Shang the Norfolk this is the Wesley’juvenile to be on I think, respect the Cox horse but expecting this boy to romp home.

Lay- Order of St George 2/1 There is a new whippersnapper on the block in this staying division,

EW- Laraaib in the Hardwicke quietly fancy this one to runa big race should he take his chance here. 33s ill have a slice

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2063

Nap – Stream Of Stars 12/1 Vase

Lay – Harry Angel 3/1 Jubilee

EW – Zhui Feng 25/1 Hunt Cup

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 18602

The vibes about Lah Ti Dar don’t sound great considering her price and also stating she’ll make a better 4 y/o which is another way of saying she won’t be rushed back

Simon Marsh, racing manager for her owner, Lord Lloyd-Webber, said: “We hope she’ll make Ascot.

“Obviously she had the setback and hopefully she’ll get there, but as yet I don’t think we know whether she will or not.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13095

Nap – Tony Christie 40’s, Royal Hunt Cup
    Lay – Lah Ti Dar
    Ew – Sacred Path 25’s, Ribblesdale

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8035

Nap Chelsea Cloisters 6/1 Queen Mary

Lay Southern France 4/1 or less in Queen’s Vase

E/W Bandua 20/1 (NRNB) Queen’s Vase

Chelsea Cloisters was not as fast as Lady Aurelia in her day but she won’t need to be as good in all likelihood. The O’Brien fillies heading the market look 6F fillies and O’Brien has never landed the race. 6/1 could be huge come the day.

Southern France looks way short after winning a weak Listed Race last time and 4/1 is silly odds.

In the same race the two for two Weld runner Bandua is very closely matched with the favourite but is 20/1 NRNB with Bet365. He looked a stout stayer in the making last time and was entered in the Belmont Stakes up until the decs were made. He seems potentially useful and should give a run for the money. Cash back if he goes elsewhere.

The Total Recall followers make their way to Aintree.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1770

NAP – Dreamfields in the Wokingham @ 9/2

Lay – Cracksman in the Prince Of Wales @ 4/5

Each way – Bound For Knowhere in the Diamond Jubilee @ 20/1

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1800

Nap – Sergei Prokofiev (Coventry), this boy will win and am on at 11/2.

Lay – Harry Angel (Diamond Jubilee), awful record at Ascot and this looks a very hot renewal.

E/W – Idaho (Hardwicke), winner of this last year and 12/1 given a quick surface looks e/w bet of the week.

silent assassins
    Participant
    • Total Posts 52

NAP Chelsea Cloisters Queen Mary 6/1

LAY Without Parole St James Palace 3/1

E/W Stream of Stars Queens Vase 12/1

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8035

Three reasons why Sergei Prokofiev won’t win.

1. Legends Of War
    2. Calyx
    3. I’ve backed him at 33/1

Everything I have backed this season at good ante-post odds has flopped spectacularly. Apologies in advance for being the Jonah again 🙁

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8035

Bandua seems to be going to the King Edward VII instead so no damage done with NRNB and I’ll stick him up for the the King Edward VII at 16/1 EW.

That makes a better fit for the Irish Derby at the same trip and I’ve sneaked a wee each way on him for that at 50/1, just to have something running at good odds there.

Bandua King Edward VII 16/1 EW 1/4 odds a place.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3164

Okay here goes

NAP RHODODENDRON 3./1 is stealing money in the Queen Anne
    LAY STRADIVARIUS. I would be a backer over two miles but will be found out over two and a half 5/2
    E?W GILGAMESH 20/1 Royal Hunt CUp with a decent draw this horse would have been unbeaten this season and come the day with six places will be a steal each way draw providing of course!!

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 994

NAP: Cracksman – have to ignore the Epsom performance, take him out and the race lacks a real star G1 horse, a repeat of the Ganay run and he wins this as he likes.

LAY: Harry Angel – not convinced Ascot is his course especially at 6F, should be running in the King Stand where sitting just off Lady Aurelia & Battash would help him settle perfectly.

EW: Master Merion – eye catching that Ryan Moore teams up with Wesley Ward in the Hunt Cup, 25s with Betfair, PP & Boyle Sports (obviously depends on the draw he gets as well)

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1371

whatever a few coming out of the POW I will not be laying Cracksman and its become a no bet race for me.

Good Luck everyone not long now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.