Wrong horse wins at Yarmouth

Home Forums Horse Racing Wrong horse wins at Yarmouth

This topic contains 33 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  yeats 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

Mandarin Princess wins the opener at 50/1 and then it seems it is a different horse.

I’ve seen several tipsters on Twitter claiming to have backed/tipped it too, could get a bit messy and I dare say all bets will be refunded now as well

JamesH
    Participant
    • Total Posts 15

Tony McGlone has been on ATR being interviewed. Its now to be referred to the BHA for 14 days to lodge an objection.

But the result stands…. But they know it was the wrong horse..

Punters of the 2nd horse in the first race have been robbed blind!

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1334

We’re resettling the race as ‘Betting without Mandarin Princess’. If you backed the jolly, you win.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by LostSoldier3 LostSoldier3.

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

So if somebody knew what was happening put a few quid on the winner spread around to not cause alarm has now collected and had it right off

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

Interesting that Millys Kiss was declared a NR at 1409, I wonder what reason was given then ? But this wasn’t broken into the public domain for another hour or so

patriot1
    patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

Surely the race has to be declared void if the wrong horse was in it!?!

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21930

Surely the race has to be declared void if the wrong horse was in it!?!

Be a bit late Patriot, after the “weighed-in” am not sure how they can void a race. Bookies have already paid out.

value is everything

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

If I innocently put a fiver on Mandarin Princess and went to a bookies shop to collect now I wonder if I would get paid or not ?

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21930

Mandarin Princess wins the opener at 50/1 and then it seems it is a different horse.

I’ve seen several tipsters on Twitter claiming to have backed/tipped it too, could get a bit messy and I dare say all bets will be refunded now as well

Not “all bets refunded”, they just need to pay out on the second horse.

value is everything

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

I was surprised at that, when they first announced it that was what was being said and now there are punters who have lost good money, what a shambles

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21930

If I innocently put a fiver on Mandarin Princess and went to a bookies shop to collect now I wonder if I would get paid or not ?

I don’t know the rules; but imo from the point of it being found out onwards imo those who’ve backed Mandarin Princess should only get their money back (ie treated as a non-runner).

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21930

I was surprised at that, when they first announced it that was what was being said and now there are punters who have lost good money, what a shambles

Punters who backed anything else – other than the second horse – were beaten by the second horse anyway, so why should they get their money back, Tony? :unsure:

value is everything
    Bachelors Hall
    Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1234

Punters who backed anything else – other than the second horse – were beaten by the second horse anyway, so why should they get their money back, Tony?

Given that the conditions of the race (and bet) weren’t as advertised then, in the mould of chaos theory, the circumstances of the outcome will have been altered immeasurably. Be they matters of pace, traffic, temperaments etc…

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21930

Punters who backed anything else – other than the second horse – were beaten by the second horse anyway, so why should they get their money back, Tony?

Given that the conditions of the race (and bet) weren’t as advertised then, in the mould of chaos theory, the circumstances of the outcome will have been altered immeasurably. Be they matters of pace, traffic, temperaments etc…

Fair point BH, could’ve changed things if the “winner” front run or got in the way of anything, or made another jockey change tactics… I can’t see anything like that in this particular race though. Not ideal, if it had been found out before the weigh-in I’d say void it. But in the circumstances think it’s fair enough to pay out on the “second” as the winner and the “third” for each way/place purposes. Personally, if I’d had a bet on an also-ran wouldn’t be feeling at all hard done by.

value is everything
    steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

A very dangerous buckpass by the BHA imo. “The responsibility lies with the trainer to present and run the correct horse in the race.” Which means, in effect, “if someone saddles a ringer and pulls off a massive coup it’s nothing to do with us.”

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.