Worcester Today…

Home Forums Horse Racing Worcester Today…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by GoldenMiller34 GoldenMiller34 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7453

Just got home and, checking the results for Worcester loads of horses have been withdrawn. Has there been a problem there?

droffats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 388

Fast ground.

Seven Towers
    Seven Towers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 615

What an absolute shambles. No mention of it in the news section on the RP website either!

DiamondGeezer
    DiamondGeezer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 362
    LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1423

Feel for the spectators at the track – hardly entertaining for them.

I learnt a few harsh lessons about betting on two runners races though, burnt fingers!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7453

Thanks; had a ‘rush in and rush out’ sort of day and couldn’t see anything on the sporting life site.

GoldenMiller34
    GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 564

It occurs to me that almost everybody lost out in this fiasco. Paying spectators, ATR viewers, owners, trainers, jockeys and bookmakers (especially those on course).

The odd trainer and jockey has spoken in defence of Worcester, however, some have criticised the course’s facilities.

The clerk appears to be getting off rather lightly, I think she is largely to blame. My understanding is that forecast rain did not arrive on Wednesday so, as it was a drying day and an even warmer one was predicted for Thursday, a decision to water, either late Wednesday afternoon or early Thursday morning, should have been made. As it was the clerk seems to have sat on her hands whilst gazing expectantly at every passing cloud as an unseasonably nice Wednesday for mid-October meandered on. She has woken up on raceday morning in a self-deluded state, conceding merely some Good to Firm places, before busily occupying herself before racing by basking in pleasant sunshine and admiring the decal on windblown flags!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.