Winx

Home Forums Horse Racing Winx

This topic contains 28 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Manikato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12

After reading a few opinions on here that Almanzor was the top turf horse in the world i felt compelled to reply. Seriously a horse whom has won i think 3 Group 1’s compared to a 12 time Group 1 winning mare on a streak of 18 straight should not be compared.Those who like to check will find the last 2 editions of the Cox plate have on ratings been placed in the best couple of races in the world for that year.After donkey licking Highland Reel by 5 1/2 lengths in the 2015 Cox Plate, among winning a Breeders Cup Turf and being placed in an Arc he franked the Winx form. Then Winx comes out and wins the 2016 Cox Plate by 8 Lengths.She has won from 1100 to 2200 metres.As for her first up run on Saturday after missing the start by 4 lengths over 1400 metres Winx was timed to run her last 1000 metres in 55.18 seconds and last 600 metres in 31.88. When you consider Blck Caviar won the rich T J Smith at Randwick 2 or 3 times for memory, Winx ran on Saturday the fastest 600 metres in history at the track.Both Timeform and Longines rightly rate Winx above Almanzor and wrongly below Arrogate. Arrogate winning an ordinary DWC and prior winning a buy in race where horses are allowed Lasix. Lets face it Bob Baffert has that much form and he couldn’t get that help away from the US. Winx by a street……..

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Manikato.
    botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2312

Manikato, welcome to TRF firstly.

Regarding Winx, it is impossible to say that she is not a superstar, and would doubt anyone here would try to imply that. It would of been some race to see Almanzor, Found and Winx battle it out in the Irish Champion Stakes. Unfortunately it never happened so we can just imagine what could of happened.

I might be wrong here, but a lot of people would like to see her travel and race against the best in the World. Until she does that, it will possibly always be the case with people outside of Australia that she has faced no real competition.

I have seen a lot of comments about Winx’s win over Highland Reel as being a high point on her CV. If i remember correctly did the 3 Year Old give weight to Winx that day ?

Hopefully all race fans get to see her race against the worlds best at some point in the future

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5294

“Donkey licking” – great phrase. I shall steal that if you don’t mind . 🙂

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Manikato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12

Botchy your arrogance is astounding…Hmmm so only UK/Ireland form is any good hey 😉 She is the best in the world, it is up to your lot to come to take her on…You need to pull your head out of the sand. Your type of arrogance lost an Englishman many a battle over the last 1000 years due to disrespecting the opposition. Save your back handed compliments and learn about global racing.If you care to look Australia also has the highest rated sprinter in the world. If you want to see the best Sprinter and middle distance horse you will have to bring that chip on your shoulder to Australia.Now you need to educate yourself in regards to world racing. Now take out the false prophet Arrogate or even leave him in Winx is still clearly the highest rated turf horse in the world via Timeform and Longines world rankings. All form points to Winx being on top and you are talking like we are some little racing backwoods here.Let me see Botchy 2 Cox Plates prizemoney $3 million x 2, 1 Queen Elizabeth Stakes $4 million prizemoney.You match or better that and connections may have her over there. I think the connections are quite happy with her $13 million prizemoney for a mare. Connections have plans to take her to Royal Ascot next year provided all is well with her and if she is unbeaten until then the little backwoods mare would have around $18 million in the bank !

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Manikato.

Manikato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12

Be my guest steeplechasing it has been used many a time here to describe a shellacking that has been handed out.

Pete2014
    Participant
    • Total Posts 59

Irish form is the best. A dozen group races for two years olds with five runners, three from AOB. It´s like me running 100 metres against my grandparents and calling it the World Championships.

Manikato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12

Irish form is the best. A dozen group races for two years olds with five runners, three from AOB. It´s like me running 100 metres against my grandparents and calling it the World Championships.

Yes but within those dozen 2yo races Aiden gets to say about at least 4 different 2yo’s are the best he and Coolmore has ever had !!!

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

Yes but within those dozen 2yo races Aiden gets to say about at least 4 different 2yo’s are the best he and Coolmore has ever had !!!

You forgot the other crap he tells us all the time…..
    It’s all about the LADS…. The LADS are doing this and that, they are the greatest in the world. And he always has to ask the LADS and blah blah blah….

Manikato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12

You forgot the other crap he tells us all the time…..
    It’s all about the LADS…. The LADS are doing this and that, they are the greatest in the world. And he always has to ask the LADS and blah blah blah….

I think if the lads at Coolmore were down a stallion and asked Aiden to step up and take his place, i say Aiden gives his all for the lads !!!

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

I think Aiden is already proven as a top sire…. See Joseph, Ana, Sarah and Donnacha.

Manikato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12

I think Aiden is already proven as a top sire…. See Joseph, Ana, Sarah and Donnacha.

” There is certainly no doubt Joseph was my best kid before Ana came along,then with Sarah she was in a different league, now with Donnacha i am beside myself”

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

” There is certainly no doubt Joseph was my best kid before Ana came along,then with Sarah she was in a different league, now with Donnacha i am beside myself”

LOL… I must say that Sarah is a quite good looking filly. She surely has some nice knee action….

Manikato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12

LOL… I must say that Sarah is a quite good looking filly. She surely has some nice knee action….

I personally think Mrs O’ brien is underated, quite a stylish dam…

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24175

Actually it’s not true, Manikato. Winx is not Timeform’s top rated turf horse.

Winx is 134, Battaash is 135+ and Lady Aurelia 135. Even if adding the female allowance Lady Aurelia still comes out top.

value is everything

Manikato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12

Actually it’s not true, Manikato. Winx is not Timeform’s top rated turf horse.

Winx is 134, Battaash is 135+ and Lady Aurelia 135. Even if adding the female allowance Lady Aurelia still comes out top.

Oh i see this has been updated..Hahaha Baataash and Lady Aurelia ahead of Winx…Timeform were so desperate for a European ahead of the Australian. Well there you go folks that proves once and for all how completely useless timeform is. The little known ‘ if it wins in Europe plus 10 lbs’…An absolute joke…Battaash 8 starts no Group 1 wins £ 250 000, Lady Aurelia 2 Group 1 wins £ 500 000. Winx 12 Group 1 wins £8 million…Bahahaha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.