Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

This topic contains 1,297 replies, has 78 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,298 total)
  • Author
    thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2087

Absolutely delighted for Nathaniel. He was unlucky to be around at the same time as Frankel as he was a star himself so great that he can get one over on his old nemesis! He has a massive future ahead of him as a stallion and that filly is pure class.

Frankel follows his old buddy into the English classic winners enclosure tomorrow with Cracksman :good:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6087

You’ll have to change the name of this Thread Joni
    Why Frankel and Nathaniel Will Rule The World.. đŸ˜‰
    They are going from strength to strength and tomorrow it’s Frankel’s turn to bring home the Classic Winner with Eminent :heart: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3674

So near and yet so far. But they both ran crackers and showed themselves to be Group 1 colts. I know people will say the winner benefitted from the fast pace but I wouldn’t be surprised if he repeated it next time. A mile and a half will certainly be his minimum trip whereas I think we might see the runner-up in the Eclipse next time. As for the Frankel’s – I think they both stayed and they will probably both head to the Curragh where, with a bit more of a galloping track and a bit more experience under their belts, they will hope to reverse the form.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 706

The Frankel – Zakarva filly has been named Zarkamiya
    https://twitter.com/Frankel1313/status/872415701717327873

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6087

Thanks for that LD…she looks the spitting image of her dad as far as markings go but have only seen the distant photo. What a beauty :heart:

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 706

Fabre set to give Finche his second start in a Listed race (2:55pm) at Compiegne on Monday where he is due to defend his unbeaten record against Al Shaqab’s Afandem (a son of Zoffany who is two from two) trained by Fabre’s great rival JC Rouget.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2087

Has Frankel got any two year olds running at Ascot?

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 706

Not heard of any but then I don’t think he has had as many 2 yr old runners out at this time when compared to last year

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 455

Only the Chesham entries are outstanding, Westerland (only winner to date from 3 runners) may be entered in that.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2087

Thanks.

Maybe the lack of runners if an increasingly temperament problem with his stock… does seem a bit odd that he’s had so few runners so far?

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3674

Both 2 year olds entered for the Chesham. So Frankel has 16 runners entered at Royal Ascot this week.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 706

I assume that there must be plenty of 2 yr olds that are ready to run but were just not ready early enough to get a prep run into them before Ascot and thus they decided to give them more time.

I would imagine that we will see more coming out in the run up to (and beyond) Newmarket’s July festival, if we don’t see a significant number out by the start of August then the temperament issue may bare closer scrutiny but then again the old man himself didn’t grace us with his presence until 13 August of his 2 yr old season.

Must say I am looking forward to seeing Mark Johnston’s colt Elarqam (by dual 1000g guineas winner Attraction), the Zakarva filly Zarkamiya, Midday’s half sister Sun Maiden and it will also be interesting to see how Sir Mark Prescott gets on with his Frankel colt White Guard.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3674

Fab day for Frankel with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Mirage Dancer looks like he he would appreciate a bit further as he got caught flat-footed but a great effort for only his 3rd run. I am sure Stoutey will work his magic as this one matures. Glad to see the Derby form franked though – people are often too quick to dismiss it.

I thought Mori had it for a second but all she does is stay and she just got done on the line. She almost looked like a Leger type to me. Again though, she is progressing very nicely and there are surely good races to be won with her.

My Frankel betting curse continues as of course I didn’t back Atty Persse but he did it really well from that outside draw. For me this was the first time he really showed what he is capable of and I would expect him to be running in Group races from now on. Anyway we now have 5 or 6 running from the UK running at Group level and it’s really interesting that they further they go the better they seem to get. We are still yet to see one with a real turn of foot but they are certainly resolute gallopers and the ones this week have been very genuine.

Keep an eye out for Rublinda over in the States this weekend. She got rave reviews for her debut win (worth a watch!!) and steps up in grade at Belmont on Saturday…

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1624

Schhhhh. Whispers coming out of the emerald isle of a certain Frankel colt called Nelson who could be worth watching.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6087

Oh Joni Oh Joni how did we miss Atty Persse just let him slip through our fingers, what a fantastic win today :yahoo:
    Totally agree that Mori could be a Leger type she is a dire out and out stayer, you knew she wasn’t going to quicken and pull away once she hit the front and the writing was on the wall, Coronet a well deserved victory and unusual for Johnny G to get off the mark so late in the Meeting, he looked quite relieved when the cameras panned over him at the end of the race.
    Will keep that eye out for Rublinda and botchy’s whisper Nelson :good: Great day for all us Frankel fans. Jac

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.