Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

This topic contains 1,280 replies, has 77 voices, and was last updated by chaos50 chaos50 4 hours, 25 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,281 total)
  • Author
    thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2065

Yeah I was right you have to go back to 2004.

Looking on the brightside for Eminent, he did run a quicker time than any craven winner in the last few years.

Maybe I’m being harsh on the horse I don’t know. But my feeling is that the traditional way of using a prep race to get your horse ready for a guineas is long gone. The method now is if you have a top class guineas horse, you just send your horse straight for the race, Aiden etc can get them fit at home and there’s other targets later on the season, a prep race is considered unnecessary. Hannon jr like his father seems to go with the more old style approach but how many 2000 guineas winners has he had lately? A big fat zero and you have to go all the way back to 1990 for a Richard Hannon trained winner.

I’m just playing devils advocate here and I think it would be a great story if eminent was to go on and win, but let’s just settle down the excitement, he clearly has a mountain to climb still.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2065

Yes the time was quick.

Just to give you a comparison, Eminent covered the final three furlongs .2 of a second quicker than Daban did, in the furlong shorter Nell Gywn, and that race was also run off a more pedestrian early gallop. Although maybe that says more about the fact that the Nell Gywn form was rubbish.

It could also suggest that Eminent has a serious chance of placing in the guineas, but whether he’ll be good enough to win, I guess that depends on how good Churchill is.

To give another comparison according to my rough timings Eminent covered the final three furlongs in 35.5 seconds, Churchill in his dewhurst win (on similar ground) in 34.7 seconds. Again I think the Churchill race was off a slightly slower pace.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2065

If you really love your sectionals then Talaayeb ran the final three furlongs of her maiden win quicker than all of them πŸ˜‰

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7048

Mori is well backed here. She looks as of this race will do her good though. Quite a scopey sort but not fully wound up I would say. I can’t back her at 7/4 and will just watch the race.

Shutter Speed set a good marker down earlier for comparison.

What's all the fuss about Estimate on the Racing Legends Stamps?

There's always been a second rate Mare on them anyway πŸ˜‰

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7048

Late drift on Mori.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7048

Disappointing effort from Mori, she looked really short of pace. Never looked like really getting involved but to be honest none of them did as Gosden won yet again with Gracious Diana at 4/1. This big filly really splattered her field all over the track, totally blowing them away and it just shows that a few days ago everyone seemed to be talking about Gosden’s needing their first run and they are storming in all over the shop at good prices in some cases.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17310

Hannon jr like his father seems to go with the more old style approach but how many 2000 guineas winners has he had lately? A big fat zero and you have to go all the way back to 1990 for a Richard Hannon trained winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7boqDEAvvic

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2065

Oops.

I’ll get me coat

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17310

To be fair it’s easy to forget seeing as Kingman dominated that season.
    A bit like when I say Spurs were 2nd in the PL last Season although Arsenal nipped in and got that spot, Spurs were by far better.

Toronado should have gone closer his year and Canford Cliffs went on a 5 race group 1 winning streak after his Guineas.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7048

To be fair it’s easy to forget seeing as Kingman dominated that season.
    A bit like when I say Spurs were 2nd in the PL last Season although Arsenal nipped in and got that spot, Spurs were by far better.

Toronado should have gone closer his year and Canford Cliffs went on a 5 race group 1 winning streak after his Guineas.

I won’t forget it Nathan. I had Kingman at 9/1 ante-post and a straight forecast Kingman and Night Of Thunder. 6/4 and 40/1 would surely have been an OK forecast. Kingman beat him easily before the Guineas and he beat him easily after the Guineas. That’s so bloody annoying that you get kicked in the Hudson and Halls on the day that mattered most.

Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking should be going back in time with Doctor Who in his Tardis to try to work out how the hell Night Of Thunder won that Guineas. If they were granted immortality and infinite resources to research the matter they would never solve the mystery in a million years. Even God put the simple legend WTF? on his Twitter feed that night.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3649

Mori was a bit disappointing but she really looked like she needed the run. She was plenty big enough in the paddock and I am sure she will improve a lot for that. Saying that, it is clear why they have not entered her in the Oaks. She was a bit green in the early stages and just stayed on into 5th. Not the best but plenty more to come I would say.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1248

I was a bit worried about Mori’s chances when she was walked past me to be saddled well away from all the other fillies and then never stopped trying to chew her way through the bit, foaming at the mouth by the time we was led into the paddock. And as Jonibake says, she was plenty big enough. I think more than anything she seemed quite timid and she will definitely come on an awful lot for the outing mentally.

She looked however, exactly what you’d want her to; clearly a Frankel filly but she still had plenty of her mother about her. Considering everything that happened before the race and in it, I would imagine she’ll be a decent sort but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if like Midday she turns out to be a better 4 year old.

The other Frankel filly, Omneeya, was much more ready for her first appearance. On first look you’d never guess her dad but on closer inspection she carried herself around the paddock much like her father and the nearer I got you could see the similarities in her head. I thought she’d win at one point but just got out-battled by the two fittest looking types and I’d imagine she’ll win next time out.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2065

The Roger Charlton filly who won one of the maidens could be something special.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5966

Very informative write ups from Joni and Charles on the Frankel fillies. Definitely would not have backed Mori based on Charles’s paddock inspection always like to see a filly on her toes a little and sounds like she was a bit tense. If only we could always be at the races to see our selections,horses body language tells you so much.

Have a great day tomorrow Joni and enjoy seeing all those Frankel’s out and hope you back a few winners, you too Charles if you are going and look forward to hearing the paddock picks.. Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1248

Commander was very unlucky yesterday when defeated by the Queen’s horse; I felt he would win but for the bump by the winner but maybe I’m talking out of my pocket on that one. Either way I would be mightily surprised if he didn’t claim a few decent prizes this year.

UAE King was the Frankel offspring that looked the most like his father but needs to calm down if he’s to get his head in front. Very worked up before hand and did himself no favours on the course either.

The interesting note for the day was that we saw an Excelebration and a Nathaniel victorious but not a Frankel!

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,281 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.