The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

Viewing 17 posts - 800 through 816 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Late drift on Mori.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Disappointing effort from Mori, she looked really short of pace. Never looked like really getting involved but to be honest none of them did as Gosden won yet again with Gracious Diana at 4/1. This big filly really splattered her field all over the track, totally blowing them away and it just shows that a few days ago everyone seemed to be talking about Gosden’s needing their first run and they are storming in all over the shop at good prices in some cases.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

Hannon jr like his father seems to go with the more old style approach but how many 2000 guineas winners has he had lately? A big fat zero and you have to go all the way back to 1990 for a Richard Hannon trained winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7boqDEAvvic

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2253

Oops.

I’ll get me coat

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

To be fair it’s easy to forget seeing as Kingman dominated that season.
    A bit like when I say Spurs were 2nd in the PL last Season although Arsenal nipped in and got that spot, Spurs were by far better.

Toronado should have gone closer his year and Canford Cliffs went on a 5 race group 1 winning streak after his Guineas.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

To be fair it’s easy to forget seeing as Kingman dominated that season.
    A bit like when I say Spurs were 2nd in the PL last Season although Arsenal nipped in and got that spot, Spurs were by far better.

Toronado should have gone closer his year and Canford Cliffs went on a 5 race group 1 winning streak after his Guineas.

I won’t forget it Nathan. I had Kingman at 9/1 ante-post and a straight forecast Kingman and Night Of Thunder. 6/4 and 40/1 would surely have been an OK forecast. Kingman beat him easily before the Guineas and he beat him easily after the Guineas. That’s so bloody annoying that you get kicked in the Hudson and Halls on the day that mattered most.

Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking should be going back in time with Doctor Who in his Tardis to try to work out how the hell Night Of Thunder won that Guineas. If they were granted immortality and infinite resources to research the matter they would never solve the mystery in a million years. Even God put the simple legend WTF? on his Twitter feed that night.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Mori was a bit disappointing but she really looked like she needed the run. She was plenty big enough in the paddock and I am sure she will improve a lot for that. Saying that, it is clear why they have not entered her in the Oaks. She was a bit green in the early stages and just stayed on into 5th. Not the best but plenty more to come I would say.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2044

I was a bit worried about Mori’s chances when she was walked past me to be saddled well away from all the other fillies and then never stopped trying to chew her way through the bit, foaming at the mouth by the time we was led into the paddock. And as Jonibake says, she was plenty big enough. I think more than anything she seemed quite timid and she will definitely come on an awful lot for the outing mentally.

She looked however, exactly what you’d want her to; clearly a Frankel filly but she still had plenty of her mother about her. Considering everything that happened before the race and in it, I would imagine she’ll be a decent sort but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if like Midday she turns out to be a better 4 year old.

The other Frankel filly, Omneeya, was much more ready for her first appearance. On first look you’d never guess her dad but on closer inspection she carried herself around the paddock much like her father and the nearer I got you could see the similarities in her head. I thought she’d win at one point but just got out-battled by the two fittest looking types and I’d imagine she’ll win next time out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2253

The Roger Charlton filly who won one of the maidens could be something special.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16289

Very informative write ups from Joni and Charles on the Frankel fillies. Definitely would not have backed Mori based on Charles’s paddock inspection always like to see a filly on her toes a little and sounds like she was a bit tense. If only we could always be at the races to see our selections,horses body language tells you so much.

Have a great day tomorrow Joni and enjoy seeing all those Frankel’s out and hope you back a few winners, you too Charles if you are going and look forward to hearing the paddock picks.. Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2044

Commander was very unlucky yesterday when defeated by the Queen’s horse; I felt he would win but for the bump by the winner but maybe I’m talking out of my pocket on that one. Either way I would be mightily surprised if he didn’t claim a few decent prizes this year.

UAE King was the Frankel offspring that looked the most like his father but needs to calm down if he’s to get his head in front. Very worked up before hand and did himself no favours on the course either.

The interesting note for the day was that we saw an Excelebration and a Nathaniel victorious but not a Frankel!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Was that Princess De Lune?

If so, she’s not by Frankel but Shamardal.

Princess De Lune is a striking looking filly, almost white in colour. A little keen and pretty green, she took it up and despite not handling herself ideally she scampered away from her field. She did flash her tail in the closing stages though but otherwise it was a run that promised more to come. She earned a figure of 92 from the Racing Post.

Typically, Roger Charlton has said he will take his time with her, so lord knows where she goes next.

Sadly not by Frankel but the video is worth watching and fans of greys will be drooling over her looks.

Video:-

http://www.tdn.premiumtv.co.uk/streaming/watch/RacingUKFlashVOD/partnerId_166/videoFileId_16054624/clipId_2680615/index.html

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Nothing But Dreams is entered up in the 4.35 Sandown on Friday and Andrea Atzeni is jocked up for Roger Varian.

The race is a 10F fillies maiden so hopes will be high that the daughter of Frankel out of Arc winner Danedream can make the winning debut her breeding would suggest she is capable of.

Varian also has Serenada entered and Atzeni is shown as riding her as well. Either he’s been cloned, or one of them will either have a different jockey, or will not run.

Charlie Hills’ Neshmaya brings decent form to this race, having first run behind Talaayeb in a race that hasn’t worked out that great and then being being beaten further by Shutter Speed next time when she finished 4th. Shutter Speed did that form no harm when winning easily at Newbury and going joint favourite for the Oaks on most lists. Neshmaya was favourite both times she ran, so they obviously think something of her.

Nothing But Dreams isn’t entered in the Oaks and that’s a shade off-putting for me. She is a January filly and you would have thought she would have been out by now. Neshmaya is in the Oaks but Hamdan Al Maktoum seems to stick every colt and filly he has in the Derby and Oaks, so I am always wary of reading too much into that.

Serenada is quite interesting, she’s an Azamour filly who holds an Oaks entry and she finished 3rd on her debut at Newbury. Her form has a tie in with Talaayeb through Elas Ruby, who was second in that maiden and the 4th filly Star Rock was runner up to Gosden’s Gracious Diana the other day.

Gun to the head, I would probably pick Serenada for this race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16289

Princess De Lune certainly is a stunning looking filly Steve and reminiscent of Natagora and Lumiere although neither were as white as she is.
    Although nothing to do with Frankel with the turn of foot she has what a great pairing she would make with Frankel who only seems to have the one grey colt at present Frankuus..

Found a bit more info about her on Roger Charltons website which may be of of interest to you Steve with your knowledge of French racing.

Princess De Lune gr f Shamardal – Princess Serena

Princess De Lune was bought back at Tattersalls Book 1 by her breeders. She is an own sister to Puissance De Lune who won eight races in France and Australia at G2 and G3 level. Princess Serena is also the grandam of Clive Brittain’s Coronation, Moyglare and Queen Mary winner Rizeena.
    (Round Hill Stud)

Rizeena was a Group winner 3 times up to a mile including the Coronation Stakes so maybe that’s were we may see Princess De Lune go next, certainly have no trouble spotting her… a beautiful looking filly.
    Thanks for sharing that Steve.. :rose:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16289

Lightening Fast (Frankel-Lightening Pearl)(Marju)
    running 7.25 Navan tonight. He has his ground and think he will beat
    Gino Severini with Mr. Adjucator and Elusive Beauty up close.
    Good second last September at Naas to Whitecliffsofdover winner of the European Free Handicap at Newmarket last Wednesday, and now it’s time he started living up to his name.
    5/1 – Lightening Fast 7.25 Navan

Participant
    • Total Posts 2253

Was that Princess De Lune?

If so, she’s not by Frankel but Shamardal.

Princess De Lune is a striking looking filly, almost white in colour. A little keen and pretty green, she took it up and despite not handling herself ideally she scampered away from her field. She did flash her tail in the closing stages though but otherwise it was a run that promised more to come. She earned a figure of 92 from the Racing Post.

Typically, Roger Charlton has said he will take his time with her, so lord knows where she goes next.

Sadly not by Frankel but the video is worth watching and fans of greys will be drooling over her looks.

Video:-

http://www.tdn.premiumtv.co.uk/streaming/watch/RacingUKFlashVOD/partnerId_166/videoFileId_16054624/clipId_2680615/index.html

Yes that’s right. I realised she wasn’t by Frankel but was so impressed thought I’d mention her anyway.

Aiden O Brien had a nice two year old earlier that blew up in the final furlong. Declarationofpeace.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2253

Marine One?

Viewing 17 posts - 800 through 816 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.