Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

This topic contains 1,138 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  Jonibake 15 hours, 39 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,139 total)
  • Author

felicity
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10

Not sure, but I don’t think there’s any requirement to win. I think the barrier trials are run to provide schooling and to promote fitness. Any fans of Australian racing on here to clarify?

Purwell
    Purwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 570

Why not school them on the track like our trainers do!

patrickleung
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24

Not sure, but I don’t think there’s any requirement to win. I think the barrier trials are run to provide schooling and to promote fitness. Any fans of Australian racing on here to clarify?

You are right on the functions of barrier trials. Barrier Trials are common in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Macau.

Take HK as example, any horse who has not raced in HK (even raced overseas) needs to have a barrier trial. Stewards will see if such horse pass the trial before letting the horse to enter races. This ensures the new horse are good enough to race in HK.

For the experienced horses, trainers will put them into trial like schooling in UK and Ireland.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6798

Thanks for the input. It all seemed rather pointless to me I’m afraid.

What's all the fuss about Estimate on the Racing Legends Stamps?

There's always been a second rate Mare on them anyway 😉

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5668

You are right on the functions of barrier trials. Barrier Trials are common in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Macau.

Take HK as example, any horse who has not raced in HK (even raced overseas) needs to have a barrier trial. Stewards will see if such horse pass the trial before letting the horse to enter races. This ensures the new horse are good enough to race in HK.

For the experienced horses, trainers will put them into trial like schooling in UK and Ireland.

Thanks for explaining that Patrick :good: I never knew anything about barrier trials and think they sound like a good idea to ensure the quality of a race if schooling facilities are not available.
    Racing outside Europe always puzzles me and I would be plunging on blindly if I was in the USA, Hong Kong or Australia.

Hoping this year Frankel is going to have more success with his colts as the fillies are proving superior all over the World. It’s been a great start but this is the year for the 3yo’s to knuckle down and win Classic glory in Europe. :yahoo: :heart: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Tonge
    Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 466

Andre Fabre’s 3 year old Lady Frankel due to make her debut at Saint-Cloud today (1.05 UK time). Half sister to Lope de Vega

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5668

Andre Fabre’s 3 year old Lady Frankel due to make her debut at Saint-Cloud today (1.05 UK time). Half sister to Lope de Vega

She won by 1 length and 1/2 length :yahoo:
    Tried to get the race on You Tube but the user had removed it.
    The Frankel fillies march on. :heart:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5668

Found it on Frankel Watch Twitter, no sound though but very impressive.

https://twitter.com/frankel_watch?lang=en

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3551

Lovely debut. Very green but she was doing all her best work at the end.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6798

This video has commentary but it’s in French.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p14xmm4bMhg

Just make sure to listen for “Ledee Fronquelle” 😉

A nice start to her career and there should be plenty more to come. With this being a mile on soft and the style of win it looks to me that she should probably step to 10F next time. Strength wise the form is modest enough, with the runner up a 79 rated filly conceding 5 lbs on the day. That left the Racing Post unable to rate Lady Frankel any more than 76 for the moment.

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 410

Regarding the Frankel fillies in Japan, there is an absolute monster of an unbeaten Deep Impact filly called Fan Dii Na who won a G3 by 5 lengths in a canter today. She is now the likely favourite for the Japanese equivalent of the 1000 Guineas in a few weeks’ time.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6798

Regarding the Frankel fillies in Japan, there is an absolute monster of an unbeaten Deep Impact filly called Fan Dii Na who won a G3 by 5 lengths in a canter today. She is now the likely favourite for the Japanese equivalent of the 1000 Guineas in a few weeks’ time.

I noticed that race. Oddly, the Racing Post rated the runner up 97 but didn’t record a rating for the winner.
    Further investigation reveals that they gave Fan Dii Na 109 for her win.

That’s more than 2 stones ahead of Lady Frankel on RPR if you read it literally.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3551

Should be a great race with both Mi Suerte and Soul Stirring lining up too. Any idea when it is Sunspangled?

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 410

It’s the 9th April, so less than 3 weeks away.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3551

It’s the 9th April, so less than 3 weeks away.

Thanks – looking forward to it!

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.