Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

This topic contains 713 replies, has 60 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 19 hours, 1 minute ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5760

I tried to track the video down and I think this is it. The trouble is that my Japanese is non-existent and I am trusting that the link I found was true.

A nice, comfortable win for the big looking filly, although I couldn’t really begin to equate the form.

Anyhow, hope it’s the correct race and apologies for the Japanese commentary:-

http://japanracing.jp/en/

Goreisking pushes his luck just once too often with the FAV pish in his local bookies.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3093

That’s the one Steve – thanks for sharing. For those that are interested, you can get loads of daily Frankel info on Twitter via #frankelwatch. Make sure you click on “latest” to get the…latest. There is a poster called Jess Samy who makes me look like a casual fan! He/she is even more obsessed with Frankel than I am!

As for Soul Stirring, she has a great, big devouring stride and looked a fair bit bigger than the other fillies. I think I am right in saying she made her debut over further than a mile and today it looked like she was really getting going in the last half-furlong. It will be interesting to see what they do with her after the 1,000 Guineas.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Triptych
    Triptych
    • Total Posts 4876

Wow thanks for that Steve. She just blew them all away what a beautiful filly she is. :heart:

I’m going to have to use my Twitter account more this year and link up to #frankelwatch Joni.
    Really looking forward to the next crop of 2yo’s coming out this year and especially waiting for Eminent to make a re-appearance whether in the 2000 or the Derby (hope it’s the Guineas would love to see him do a Frankel on the Rowley Mile..just a pipe dream at the moment but who knows with our boy…anything is possible.

Looking out for the Banstead Manor tours again this year I’m definitely going back again, it could turn into a regular pilgrimage..LOL
    Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out.... :)

Tonge
    Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 392

Thanks Steve. That’s definitely the right race. I saw it on Twitter too via #Frankelwatch (which pulls up some really great photos as well as a good source for footage of latest races featuring the little Frankels)

Marginal Value
    Participant
    • Total Posts 476

A very good win for Soul Stirring, bringing her connections hope of her being the first Frankel classic winner.

There was a new Frankel winner a few weeeks ago, not mentioned in this thread: Fashion Business at Lingfield on 27 January for Roger Charlton, well done him! But, then again, if we note every Frankel winner this will be a huge thread.

Over the Winter break – for Frankel watchers anyway – there were a couple of encouraging pieces in the Thoroughbred Daily News, by Bill Oppenheim and Kevin Blake, about Frankel’s stats in his first year.

The piece by Bill Oppenheim is at:

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/oppenheim-20-star-sires-of-2016/

There is a brief mention of Frankel early in the piece and a more substantial bit further down.

Kevin Blake has two pieces, one all about Frankel, but written before his Japanese successes. The second is mostly about the other first year stallions in Europe, but there is a table at the end which is very informative about how Frankel’s two-year-olds “outclassed” the progeny of the others.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/oped-how-did-frankel-fare-with-his-first-runners/

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/first-season-sire-analysis-britain-and-ireland/

The stats look extremely encouraging for the future of Frankel the sire, especially since Frankel himself improved a lot with age and maturity.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3093

Great stuff MV – thanks for sharing. The numbers were certainly impressive last year and it looks promising for this year as most of them are bound to improve considerably from two to three. There are any amount of unexposed once-raced maiden winners falling into the “could be anything” category and it was noticeable that virtually all the trainers took the softly,softly approach last year in order to see the benefit this. Jac mentioned Eminent, amongst many the two I am most looking forward to are Swiss Storm (who is a monster) and Luca Cumani’s Al Jazeera who I am hoping might be an Oaks filly. Obviously Galileo is still the one to aim at and the one against whom all others are judged but I am hopeful that one or two of those unexposed types will turn out to be top class and maybe enable Frankel to give Daddy a good run for his money in the Super Sire Stakes!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 15694

I think a fair few of the Frankel’s lost races before they had started or threw away chances by simply pulling too hard. The lightly raced ones and even those who ran more could improve with the winter break and come back with more maturity about them.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5760

I have backed Aljezeera for The Oaks at 33/1.

There are several things I liked about her debut. When she was sent to go about winning the race she showed a very willing attitude in knuckling down to get on top and I like the way she built her advantage when pushed out to the finishing line. There looked to be plenty left and she looks like a filly who can be held up and come with a telling run. I think she will get a mile and a half based on visual impression and you just know there is way worse value in the field. Fair Eva for one will not stay a mile and a half and several others look unlikely.

Luca Cumani is patient and he will probably wait for a race at Chester or York as a trial for the Oaks, She could be a serious player.

Swiss Storm has the physique but I have already questioned the strength of his form. There was a bit of disagreement about that here when I raised the matter but looking at it now, the race reads 17 runs 1 win, 4 places and 12 unplaced. City Of Joy scrambled home next time at 4/7 in a Redcar maiden before being stone last when tried in a group 3. He is rated 84 and, to be honest, the rest of it makes poor reading.

I am never trying to undermine any horse, I always just post my opinion and will enthuse when I feel I have seen something and have doubts when I believe the form looks weak. Swiss Storm is obviously open to improvement but he needs it and the notion that City Of Joy is better than a handicapper looks a bit unlikely for the moment at least.

Goreisking pushes his luck just once too often with the FAV pish in his local bookies.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3093

Couldn’t disagree with any of that Stevie. There are worse 33-1 shots than Aljezeera and, you are absolutely right, LC will give her all the time she needs. Swiss Storm has loads to prove and the form of his win is poor – I just remember being very taken by his enormous physical presence and then I think it was James Willoughby who, watching the replay, said something like “that is a very good horse”. His trainer is very bullish about him (no surprise there!!) and he certainly could be anything. It’s a shame as we was due to run in the Racing Post but had a couple of minor injuries backend that prevented DE from running him again.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3093

Very taking debut at Chantilly from Middle East today, a 3 year old Frankel filly trained by Jean Claude Rouget. She was trapped inside but ran on strongly to finish 2nd behind an equally impressive winner. Only an all-weather maiden but the front two look nice and she is entered in all the right races. One to watch…..

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5760

Very taking debut at Chantilly from Middle East today, a 3 year old Frankel filly trained by Jean Claude Rouget. She was trapped inside but ran on strongly to finish 2nd behind an equally impressive winner. Only an all-weather maiden but the front two look nice and she is entered in all the right races. One to watch…..

I managed to track the replay for this race by registering on Ze Turf but I am not sure how to copy it to this forum. This Chromebook I use is a pest for some fairly basic procedures.

Anyway, I have the race now and it can be watched here:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/2529/

Winner Speed As (a daughter of Evasive, who won the old Horris Hill at Newbury and was 6th in Sea The Stars’ Guineas) made most of the running, apart from when Baby Love was rushed up to lead in a kamikaze manoeuvre. Speed As quickened well and put the race to bed but Middle East finished well, picking up to take second and she should be well capable of winning next time.

The winner was impressive though, she seemed to stretch well and is a filly will scope. Middle East is smaller in comparison but should have more to come. Jean-Claude Rouget is just starting to send some out and is in the winners already.

Earlier on the card Rouget had a nice winner with the unraced Exceed and Excel runner Dramatic Exit.

That race can be seen here, and although not Frankel related it gives comparison to Middle East’s race:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/2528/

Dramatic Exit breaks well but the jockey was in no hurry and he settles in behind in the yellow silks. He is soon tracking the leader in second and as they come to the business end it is clear he is going much the better. There is a brief ding dong up front but Dramatic Exit soon asserts as the jockey asks him and he puts the bed to race easily.

Very early days and the Racing Post gave him 80 for this, to 78 for Speed As later. However, the fillies race was run in more than a second faster time.

Promising sorts and Dramatic Exit looks like he will get 10F easily enough to my eyes.

Triptych
    Triptych
    • Total Posts 4876

Frankel’s fillies are still outperforming the colts aren’t they. Will certainly keep an eye on Middle East and put her on my watch list for next time out.

There must be quite a few unraced Frankel 3yo’s waiting to make their debut this year and hoping some of them might turn out at The Craven Meeting with any luck. Craven Meeting back to the old format of 3 days again Tue-Thurs just after Easter Monday. Hope to see you there again some time this year Joni..Jac :rose:

Triptych
    Triptych
    • Total Posts 4876

Watching Steve’s video it didnt look like Middle East had the best of starts as the jockey took a pull on her early days. She seemed trapped on the rail for best part of the race but when he finally pulled her out she was making up ground really well and think she was unlucky not to have got closer.. B-)

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 250

I also thought the winner was impressive, but rather surprisingly isn’t amongst the entries for the two French classics and Prix Saint-Alary released a week or two ago. The Frankel filly is entered in all three. In total, eight French Frankel fillies are entered – the stakes winner Toulifaut, the maidens Aspirer, Middle East, Moon Mountain and Overview, and the unraced Amser, Lady Frankel and Rezat. I guess these are the Frankel fillies to watch out for in France.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3093

Very impressive trial in Australia from Frankel colt – Merovee. http://racing.racingnsw.com.au/FreeFields/VideoResult.aspx?MeetDate=2017Mar13&VenueCode=MzI2NjY0&RaceNumber=8&MeetingCategory=Trial&VideoFileType=FullReplay

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 717 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.