The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

USPGA Championship 2018

Home Forums General Sports USPGA Championship 2018

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

JUSTIN THOMAS 16/1

No doubt in my mind he can win back to back titles in USPGA this 1st major won last year did go off form a bit at open but bounce back into form with recent win at Bridgestone has won 2weeks in a row before for me course this week suit big hitters with chance of more rain suit him even more.

JON RAHM 25/1

At start of year this guy was main bet for this major but form worry me a bit did show odd signs of class last week but for all his talent he can lose his head.But like JT he can thrive here with weather suit him to.

PATRICK CANTLAY 50/1

This guy is brilliant from the tee is very slow which annoy most of fellow pros but a serious talent he had a mixed bag at Firestone started well and end well.But in the middle was dropping shots.But should go well here.

TONY FINAU 50/1

Only one win in Puerto Rico but he saves himself for these big events 5th US open 9th in the open and 10th at masters.You thought he added few more PGA titles but this big hitter is comfyon the big stage with recent 10th at Bridgestone do good here

DANIEL BERGER 125/1

Am a big fan of this guy but lost form this year was up there early at Bridgestone but fell away after that.He did sparkle at us open when 6th and hope is there return to a major in US can inspire him again to get back into form.

LUKE LIST 150/1

This guy a massive hitter who will love this course while major form not great yet he should break that that soon start playing better in majors could be this week.And 24th was ok by him at Bridgestone

Bets in specials markets be up tomorrow and good luck to everyone

Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

Justin Thomas 14/1 1pt e/w
    Jason Day 22/1 1pt e/w
    Tony Finau 40/1 1pt e/w (FRL 50/1 1pt e/w)
    Thomas Pieters 125/1 0.5pt e/w

Won’t be the same watching it on Eleven Sports compared to Sky but hopefully the coverage is good all the same.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

Sorry guys obviously have been away and busy with Goodwood last week so no golf bets but am back now sunburnt but batteries charged and ready to go… :yahoo: :yahoo:

I have backed five each way eight places

JASON DAY 18/1
    BROOKS KOEPKA 20/1
    PATRICK CANTLAY 40/1
    WEBB SIMPSON 55/1
    RAFA CABRERA BELLO 125/1

Also backed Rafa Jason and Webb to be first round leader at 90/1 33/1 and 60/1

And have backed rafa at 35/1 to be top European

Good Luck Guys :good: :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2851

Five for me. Kuchar obviously plus four others.

Bets:
    DJ @ 9/1 – 3 pts e/w
    Rose @ 22/1 – 1.5 pts e/w
    Fowler @ 22/1 – 1.5 pts e/w
    Finau @ 40/1 – 1.2 pts e/w
    Kuchar @ 66/1 – 0.8 pts e/w

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

I think that DJ, if he finds his A game, will be hard to beat. I’m not keen on
    single figure odds at the start of a tournament, so I’ll leave him and if he drifts
    to something a bit tastier i might have a bite.

Justin Rose 28/1 (boosted at Ladbrokes) (35/1 1st round leader market)

They say beware the injured golfer, and if that’s the case then Rose is your man. He
    withdrew from the Bridgestone with a back problem that has troubled him recently. He’s
    had treatment, and if he’s still in the same form that saw him finish 2nd last time out
    in the Open he won’t be far off. He’s a player for the big occasion.

Paul Casey 55/1 (50/1 1st round leader market)

He’s a player I hadn’t considered for some time, but over the past couple of years he seems
    to have come back to decent form. Winner of the Valspar, 5th in the Wells Fargo and 2nd in
    the Travelers Championship this year show that he still has the game to win the other side
    of the pond. I think he has a decent chance.

Cameron Smith 200/1 (125/1 1st round leader market)

I’ve been a fan of Smith for some time, he’s a very talented young player, but he’s either
    red hot or he has you pulling your hair out. He’s a complete birdie machine when he’s on form
    and can hit really low rounds, which is why I think he’s worth a pop in the 1st round betting.
    I had given up on him recently, he missed 5 cuts on the bounce (April-June) before the Open.
    Slight improvement there, at least he played 4 rounds, but I liked the way he finished his last
    2 rounds last time out at the Bridgestone (69, 67). If he’s finding his game again, and bear in
    mind he finished T5 in the Masters this year, with a sensational last round of 66, then I think
    that at the odds on offer he is worth a chance.

I’ll see how I’m doing at halfway before considering any in-play bets. Good luck with this one
    gents :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

THORBJORN OLESEN 3/1 Top Scandanavian

With doubts over Stenson and Noren this guy improved more this year won in Italy and finish well at Firestone be more comfy at this major with form he in.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5923

Hi guys forgot about this. How do you watch it, it’s not on Sky ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5923

Koepka 18/1
    Casey 50/1
    Fowler 22/1
    Reed 40/1
    Molinari 33/1

EW 8 places

GL everyone, hope someone gets the winner :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 648

DJ the most likely winner but too short to back here. I’ve backed to 8 places;

Day 20/1
    Spieth 20/1
    Koepka 20/1
    Reed 40/1
    Finau 40/1
    Kuchar 66/1

Good luck all.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

Eleven Sports Botchy, online or ios/android app only.

7 day free trial available just now, i’ve just signed up for it. Will hopefully remember to cancel it the start of next week so don’t get charged for it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5923

Cheers Kev, nice on. :heart:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

I have done the same as Kev Botchy just need reminding to cancel it !!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5923

Much better on

https://www.pga.com/events/pgachampionship/enhanced-mediaplayer?cid=PGAChamp2018_PGATour_080918-081218

Just put a made up email address in and enter anything in zip code

The other stream is a couple of minutes behind :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

I didn’t realise that Sky Sports had lost the rights to the PGA, apparently the
    Beeb were going to show it before Eleven Sports bought the rights. As an add on
    to what has been posted above, you can also watch the first 2 days live on their
    (Eleven Sports) facebook page. I’ve got the full Sky Sports/Eurosports/BT Sports
    package, so I’m a bit miffed 🙁

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Well I don’t have to wait until the 2nd round is finished to know that Casey has shot
    his bolt, although I pretty much knew how it was going to go after he had played 5 holes
    in the 1st round……and was 6 over :wacko: He’s dead at 8 over.

Cameron Smith has just started his 2nd round, but after after a poor 4 over 1st round, he
    looks like going the same way.

That leaves me with Rose, who’s not out of it at 4 under after his 2nd round, and he managed
    to get into the 1st round leader place money for me, but he’ll need to hit something special
    tomorrow. So I’ve added Francesco Molinari at 40/1 with Betvictor. I really like Molinari, he did me a favour in the Open, but I thought this course would suit the bombers,
    and that’s not his game. Nonetheless, he’s coping well with it although he needs to get his skates
    on, or hope they come back to him a bit. He won’t wilt when the pressure is on, so I thought that
    at 40s, although only 4 places with BV (5 places else where at lesser odds), he was worth a small
    investment.

All to play for, but Kev you must be happy with Pieters at 7 under, 125/1 looks bloody huge now :good:
    Raymo and Pants, Koepka only 2 off the lead at this point, and MOM, DJ is lurking there like the
    monster he is at 7 under. Cantlay not too far off for a few in here so it’s all to play for :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2851

Good to see so many of us in with chances.

Fowler and DJ 1st and 2nd in the betting is obviously what I wanted to see at this stage but there’s a long way to go.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

Hopefully all of mine will make the cut!!

Its looking really interesting and tough to call at the moment though!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.