USPGA Championship 2017

Home Forums General Sports USPGA Championship 2017

This topic contains 27 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Middle_Of_March Middle_Of_March 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3978

Final major of the year the first 4 bets are ante post bets last 2 are ones i added this week.

RORY MCILROY 9/1

No doubt this not been best of years for him no wins but that down to injury problems and recent caddie split not great news.But reason i had him at start of year for this event is he won here two times before 2011 and 2015.1st title won in America one of his fave courses.And at the open and Bridgestone he show signs coming back to his best.This is perfect place for him to peak.

RICKIE FOWLER 40/1

Won here in 2012 when beating Rory in a playoff that no mean feet to win 1st title of carear.Since then Fowler won big titles.the 5th major Players Championship a fed ex title in Deautsce bank.But no major has play well in them but getting over the line been problem but he closed with a 66 at Bridgestone will be happy back to a course where he won before.

JUSTIN THOMAS 100/1

After he defend his CIMB Classic title william hills kept him at 100/1 so i took that price few weeks later he exploded won Tournament of champions and won Sony open where he shot a 59.Since he lost a bit of form but shown it still there from his 3rd round at us open.He has decent record here at Quall hollow was 7th in 2015 two years on he much better now and i be behind the sofa if he in the lead coming to 72nd hole

KEVIN KISNER 100/1

KK has not done well in majors but this be best chance of putting that right he is on a course that suits him well.6th here in 2014 since then won 2titles including this year at dean and deluca.He start well at bridgestone but faded as week went on.So he is playing good golf and think he do better

KEVIN CHAPPELL 100/1

Had a chance to win in Candian open but not do enough on final day.Been outside top ten here in quall hollow but this layout should suit him well.And has found form again since missing quite a few recent cuts

PATRICK RODGERS 225/1

When i put up players to follow he was one of them and i said at start of year.That if he gets in here i be on him and i stick with him.Not only very talented young player was unlucky not to win john dere when led for most of it.But he good enough to bounce back.But also he got form here was 2nd in 2015 behind Rory.So course hold no fears for him think he go well

Ryan moore was one of my ante post bets at 80/1 but with injuries he had i not going for him this week though got a bet on him at 80/1 at start of year

What you guys bets

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3189

My first two I bet ante post last December, I’ve added another couple today.

RICKIE FOWLER 40/1 (28/1 1st round leader)

You’ve said it all above Darren, a course winner and playing well.
    Delighted to have him a t 40/1, he’s best priced 18/1 now. If he’s
    leading going into the last round, I’ll be worried as he has blown up
    in the big ones before, but he definitely has the game to win this.

MATT KUCHER 66/1 (55/1 1st round leader)

Took Kucher at that price along with Fowler in December. He’s still available
    at that price, and as some firms are going 8 places, I’ve topped up with him
    in case he finishes 6th – 8th. Kuch has had a terrific year in the Majors, 4th
    in the Masters, T16 in the US Open and runner up in the Open. He has the right
    mindset for the big occasion, and I think he’s very good value at 66s here.

HAOTONG LI 200/1 Bet365 8 places (125/1 1st round leader 7 places Boylesports)

I’m a big fan of Haotong, I’ve expected him to break through this year and win some
    decent tournaments. He’s a young golfer with a big future I think, and although he
    hasn’t won this year he’s come close on a few occasions. I’ve put him up and bet him
    in the Shenzen, the BMW PGA Championship and the Nordea Masters and although he
    didn’t reward me in those he played well enough. I was kicking myself a bit that I
    left him out in the Open, where he played a great tournament, finishing with a
    blistering 63 for 3rd place. I think that will do his confidence a great deal of
    good and I think he is well overpriced at 200/1.

BRYSON DECHAMBEAU 200/1 8 places Bet365 (125/1 1st round leader 7 places Boylesports)

Dechasmbeau is another young played that I highlighted at the start of the year. I bet
    him ante post for the US Open but he didn’t figure in that one at all. He rewarded me
    handsomely in the John Deere Classic and and showed how good he can be there with 2 rounds
    of 65 and 1 of 66 to win. The problem with him is that he has yet to find consistency,
    I’d imagine I’m going to know half way through the 1st round if he will be competitive
    or if he’s not on a going day. I think he’s worth a chance at those odds.

Good luck Darren, and everyone that has a go this week :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2571

Last major of the year and this looks maybe the toughest to predict.

I have gone for five picks in this. All each way and all eight places.

GARY WOODLAND 100/1
    KEVIN KISNER 100/1
    JB HOLMES 80/1
    DANIEL BERGER 60/1
    BROOKS KOEPKA 25/1

After I put em on I realised they are all Yanks!! :good:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11364

Sorry to be boring guys, but gonna stick with Robert Streb at 250’s here with 10 places with Corals.

I’m also gonna have a few quid on Els at 1000’s, with the outside chance of laying off a few quid :wacko:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3978

THORBJORN OLESEN 9/1 Top Scandiavian

Stenson not in form while track may not suit Noren.And think this dance can finish above them he play well at Bridgestone another good week on the cards for him.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3189

Just added a speculative 1st round leader bet, DA Points has gotten off to
    a good start, 2 under after 6 holes. He’s 50/1 with Paddy Power 1/3 2 places,
    the leader Oleson has finished 4 under. Well done with Oleson for top Scandinavian
    Darren, he’s off to a flyer :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3978

So far so good on Olesen though as long he not win it i be happy

Kisner and Fowler going well for me after day one to.See Raymo on KK and you on Fowler to

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3189

Looking great Darren for you with Kisner and Fowler, particularly Kisner, he’s
    playing out his skin. I’m happy that Fowler is still in with a shout and Raymo
    will be rubbing his hands with Kisner also, good luck guys :good:

I thought my in-play bet on DA Points might come good, but he finished 3rd. I’m having
    a better run on the 2nd round, I was looking at someone who might have an outside chance
    of reeling in Kisner, it didn’t look likely, but Matsuyama put in the round of his life
    last week, and Betvictor were going 50/1 (best priced 33s elsewhere) 3 places when he was
    3 under halfway through his round, with Kisner already in the clubhouse at 8 under par.
    I tried to have 15 quid e/w but the bet came back as unplaced. When I checked I had struck it
    at the same time they went winner only. I was going to leave it alone after that, I didn’t think
    he could catch Kisner, but I had that “what if” feeling, so I stuck the 15 win part back on. Now
    I know this is horrendous after timing, and he hasn’t won yet, but I’ll post the bet so anyone
    who doesn’t know me can see I’m not blowing it out my a**e.

11/08/2017 GBP 15.00 Single: HIDEKI MATSUYAMA @ 50/1
    EVENT SELECTION PRICE E/W TERMS RESULT STATUS
    2nd Round Leader USPGA Championship 2017 – Round Leader 2nd Round Leader – IR Tournament Hideki Matsuyama 50/1 Win only None Unsettled
    Bet ID: 76926021400 19:49 Bet Type: Single Stake: £ 15.00

He had a 10 foot put at the last for outright leader, which would have got me £750, but I would have
    settled for joint leader at any time after the bet, and £375 is a result.

The only person still on the course who could realistically catch him is Chris Stroud, so to cover the bet
    I stuck 30 quid on at 14/1 with Bet365……

Chris Stroud (Round 2) @ 14/1
    £30.00 Single
    12/08/2017 01:15:09 30.00 0.00
    Print Bet Confirmation – PX6821362610F – Flash Time of bet: 12/08/2017 01:15:09
    No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
    1 Chris Stroud (Round 2)
    PGA Championship – End of Round Leader
    (End of Round Leader) 13/08/2017 None 14/1 To Run
    Stake: 30.00 To Return: 450.00

He’s started his round again this afternoon, but not making any inroads as yet.

If Matsuyama keeps up this form, he’s going to be the man to beat, but 6/4 is not my
    kind of bet so I’m leaving him alone. This PGA is turning into a terrific tournament :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3189

Ok I’ll get in early today. I’m looking for someone to give me a run for 3rd round
    leader. If Matsuyama is in the same form as yesterday, I can see him ending up
    clear of the field. It’s going to need someone to shoot low to challenge him, and
    I’m hoping that Francesco Molinari can stay in the same vein of form as yesterday
    where he picked up 5 birdies and an eagle. He’s generally between 12s and 14s but
    Boylesports go 18/1. They go 1/5 odds 3 places, I can see him getting within that,
    and maybe having a small squeak of getting his nose in front.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3189

Great start for Molinari, 3 holes played….double bogey, bogey, bogey. He’s dead in
    the water for the 3rd round leader, so I’m having one last crack at it. Louis Oosthuizen,
    14/1 with Bet265, has had a steady start, level after 5 and 3 behind Kisner. Win lose or
    draw that’s me finished any in-play bets for this round. I’ll sit back and enjoy…..good
    luck guys :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2571

Looks like an interesting final days guys!!!
    Some chances for all of us!

Everything crossed one of us cops the winner :good: :good: :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3978

Raymo what your views on Kisner last night way he went from 10 under to 7 was shocking mate

BigG any views on final round with Thomas and Kisner both on at 100 be more hiding behind the sofa tonight

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1463

Good luck guys, i put a tenner on Stroud @ 12.5 for a little Sunday night entertainment. That get’s rid of one of the contenders for you all. :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3189

This is just too difficult to call, it looks like some are more intent on losing
    than winning. Darren, both you and Raymo have a great chance with Kisner if he can
    keep his head. He lost the place a bit at the end of the round with the double
    bogey and again at the last with the bogey. To be fair to him, after he hit his
    poor 2nd to the last he did well to get down with just a bogey. Thomas looks to
    be pretty sound, 2 birdies with no bogies in the back nine, he’s not out of it.

What the hell has happened to Rickie Fowler :wacko: He seems to hit the self
    destruct button when it comes to the Majors. He was very much in the hunt until
    his bogey, double bogey, bogey finish. He’s my nearest guy at 1 under, but he
    needs the leaders to fall apart if he has any chance, and I don’t think that will
    happen. My other 2, Kucher and Dechambeau are 2 over and 3 over, and need a bit of
    a miracle if the are to get into the top 8 for a place.

If I’m pushed, I think that Thomas looks the player who’s more in the groove at
    the moment. If he plays as he did on the back 9, I think he might just take this.
    He is 11/2 at the moment, I’ll wait until this is well under way and see what
    movement there is before I have a bet. I’m pretty sure my guys are all toast, I’m
    just grateful that Matsuyama kept my head in front with his terrific 2nd round, that
    aside it’s been a bit of a disaster for me.

I hope Kisner does the business for both Darren and Raymo, that would be a terrific
    100/1 result. As you said Darren, it’s a behind the couch shot tonight for sure :wacko:

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 869

First major in 3 years I haven’t done Reed and Kuchar. I thought it was time to stop that when Kuchar got beat. They’ve at least got me my money back over the years with some places.

For what it’s worth, as seen on my twitter for those who have me, I did Koepka to win 22/1, Noren each way 10 places (70/1) and Hoffman each way 10 places at 40/1.

No cigar for me it seems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.