2018 Ultima Handicap Chase

Home Forums Cheltenham 2018 2018 Ultima Handicap Chase

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  thewexfordman 1 day, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

Acapella Bourgeois running over 2 mile 1 furlong today at Fairyhouse. You would imagine he would be nowhere near quick enough for 2 mile 1 furlong. Do you reckon they are trying to get his mark down with this race in mind?

If he runs like a pig today over 2 mile 1 furlong, how much will Phil penalise him? Will he take into account that it’s not his ideal trip?

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1552

AB burst blood vessels today.

Pointer
    Pointer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 115

Good spot on the dodgy race selection today… Doesn’t change the fact that he has no from on good Spring ground though does it?

And yet, and yet… The rumours from the yard say he’s a machine

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1552

More than rumours I’d say. Would take some serious cash to keep forcing him down to the crazy SPs he keeps going off at.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 728

I’d say the main reason why he has started at such short prices is because most horses who have moved from Sandra Hughes have improved and bookmakers were scared of the same thing happening with AB. In relation to his form it looks to me like he is more effective over 2.5 miles than 3 miles. He beat road to respect by a furlong in that strange race but that is his only piece of worthwhile form over 3 miles. Ryanair or a 2.5 mile handicap is the place for him. I think it was worth a try for him at 2 miles today but It was unfortunate that he bled.

What are the conditions for this race at Cheltenham?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.