Triumph Hurdle 2018

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2018 Triumph Hurdle 2018

This topic contains 104 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Nausered 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1978

Not in the slightest. Epspoir Dallen is the only danger to my filly

As Triumph Hurdles go, best in years this years I think. Hendo and JP have some fantastic juveniles in their ranks.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2255

triumph hurdle is generally a very open race- you’d have to say the winner has earned it’s place at cheltenham at least. Impressed with the way it picked up which bodes well for Cheltenham with the stiff finish they use for that new course.

could be a reasonable each-way bet assuming it does of course go for the race. couldn’t really have picked it out as the winner beforehand and you could argue the front two in the market cut each others throats but it’s probably more than an unexposed type improved past them. gumball should be renamed screwball or something lol.

then again as that result showed you should be careful backing favourites in four year old hurdle races and no doubt connections have a much better understanding of where they stand than the humble punter

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1721

Id be slightly concerned the apples shakira would turn up in the mares novice now because of the other hendo horse in this :unsure:

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2308

They would be more concerned about the Cromwell horse than any other, if they went the Mares route IMO.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1721

True, another factor, apples shakira arguably at this moment is a solid fav for the mares novice and ED is a live contender in this not to mention the other hendo horse, he would rather split them up if he could youd think

IMO i just dont think she will line up here yet, i suppose NRNB is about now so no harm done and inmay have read this totally wrong

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1978

Hendo said in his blog today that he has Countister for the Mares’ Novice race and Shakira won’t be needed for the Mares.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1721

Strange eh? I mean take out AS he has the fav for the triumph, so youd think he would apply that thinking that way

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

JP calls the shots it would seem, and I’m sure he would rather let both Apples Shakira and Espoir D’allen take their chance in the Triumph, rather than guarantee the Mares Novice but only rely on Espoir.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1966

Redicean is 25/1 non-runner-no-bet with William Hill.

If he wins well today those odds will tumble. I haven’t actually been enthused by any of the juveniles so far so I can’t see why King’s horse can’t make his presence felt if he wins well today. Of course he must win well today but if he doesn’t then he won’t turn up at Cheltenham.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1966

Very happy with that although I’d liked to have seen slicker jumping.

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 183

nice price you have there, quite a turn of foot.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4454

Agree with Charles on him as well at 25/1 like to see him go left handed next i do

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Well done if you got 25/1 guys! But he will be beaten here for sure if he continues to jump like that. Class got him through today

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1966

Wayne Hutchinson says they didn’t go anywhere near quick enough for him. A quicker pace and he’d be slicker over his hurdles is the opinion of his rider.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2308

Mullins has an entry on Wednesday for a potential smart one. Could be anything if he jumps ok. :unsure:

Ran against some interesting types LTO on the flat :whistle:

Saldier

https://www.horseracingnation.com/horse/Saldier#

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.