Triumph Hurdle 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2016 Triumph Hurdle 2016

This topic contains 69 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Maurice 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17437

Looks a lovely horse.
    If you fancy him for the Champion Hurdle Ante Post, you are betting against the weather.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4850

Well one IG backers.

Thought Ruby gave Footpad an awful lot to do

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17437

He could of been up the backside sat last of the runners instead of 3 lengths behind but think the horse took a bit too long to pick up.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    KingSprinterSacre
    KingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 360

cheers.

Yea he loved that ground. Really showed his flat speed the way he flew up after the mare.
    Good start to the day.

fely
    fely
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1778

for the winner, the beautiful IVANOVICH GORBATOV !!

love for horses forever
    thought the horses that went through of the rainbowbridge and became stars in the sky

Ghost of Rob V
    Ghost of Rob V
    Participant
    • Total Posts 706

Funny, I’ve always maintained that I readily oppose the Irish raid at Chelters but yesterday, I decided to pull my finger out and back Ivanovich Gorbatov, Don Cossack and On The Fringe in a £7 patent bet. I’ll be getting back just over £99 :rose:

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22240

Well one IG backers.

Agreed.

Ruby did well over the four days, can’t get them all right but Footpad was one of the worst rides of the Festival by any jockey.

Keeping three lengths off the back of the pack is fine in a strongly run race, but in a slowly run affair has no chance attempting those tactics. To come through from there whilst rivals are quickening from the front – used up so much energy to get third, not surprising had nothing else left. Ruby should’ve known better and taken closer order once able to see the pace was slow.

First two were so far clear, probably wouldn’t have won or been second, but “probably” doesn’t mean definitely and would’ve certainly been a lot nearer the ones in front.

value is everything

Maurice
    Participant
    • Total Posts 371

Well one IG backers.

I was thinking that as they approached the first, S/c. I reckon anyone who backed Footpad (I didn’t but he was one I reluctantly passed over in favour of the filly) has every right to be fizzing mad. I’m surprised the stewards didn’t ask for a lie, sorry, I mean an explanation.

Fran the man
    Fran the man
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Ruby was raging after the race. Presume he was expecting one of the other Mullins horses to make it a real test but didn’t transpire like he had wished and ended up trying to come from way back off a slow gallop to no avail. Personally i think the best horse won but Rubys annoyance was plain to see and i presume someone didn’t do their job.

Maurice
    Participant
    • Total Posts 371

Ruby was raging after the race. Presume he was expecting one of the other Mullins horses to make it a real test but didn’t transpire like he had wished and ended up trying to come from way back off a slow gallop to no avail. Personally i think the best horse won but Rubys annoyance was plain to see and i presume someone didn’t do their job.

I don’t buy that.

More likely to be faked anger to keep the lie going.

If you analyse every one of his rides you can tell when he’s trying and when he isn’t. No-one judges the pace here better than him. He would have known before they jumped the first that they weren’t overdoing it. He’s more likely to be angry because he made it look so obvious.

I also read he claimed the headgear made Footpad sulk and drop himself out. How many stories is he going to make up?

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.