Triumph Hurdle 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2016 Triumph Hurdle 2016

This topic contains 69 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Maurice 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7128

Gibralfaro runs in the Adonis on Saturday and unsurprisingly is favourite at a current 5/4 price. Zubayr for the Nicholls stable is second best at 11/4, while the same stable’s Adrien Du Pont, who beat Sceau Royal before then being runner up to him, sits at 4/1.

I am obviously hoping Gibralfaro can win this.

The interesting runner for me is Khezerabad for last year’s Triumph King Nicky Henderson. He’s not been as well touted as Zubayr but he was actually rated 99 on the flat in France, compared to Zubayr’s rating of 80 in the same country. All things being equal, that makes 11/4 for the lower rated horse a bit odd when the other is 8/1 when both are making their debut. Both stables have had disappointments but I feel Henderson has had some nice winners and is 25% with his hurdlers at the moment.

Fascinating to see these two debuting in this race and I prefer the Henderson/Munir combination at 8/1 to give the favourite most to do.

I’ve had a tickle on Khezerabad for the Triumph Hurdle at 25/1, as even a defeat of the right sort could put him in the picture after Saturday. It is obviously not as simple as just taking flat ratings and translating them to hurdles but it’s quite beguiling that if Zubayr, Gibralfaro and Khezerabad met on the flat in France, the highest priced horse on Saturday would be giving more than a stone to the other two if it were a handicap.

Triumph Hurdle Khezerabad 25/1 on the nose
    :bye:

What's all the fuss about Estimate on the Racing Legends Stamps?

There's always been a second rate Mare on them anyway 😉

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4787

The Wolfcatcher dream is still alive!

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2069

Diego Du Charmil finishing second at Enghien ( red silks, black cap ) Obviously a Fred Winter horse but i couldnt see a thread for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6HB1NEE7KM

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by MarkTT MarkTT.
    Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 747

Diego Du Charmil finishing second at Enghien ( red silks, black cap ) Obviously a Fred Winter horse but i couldnt see a thread for it

<iframe width=”1170″ height=”658″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/P6HB1NEE7KM?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

A very nice ride under hands and heels.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 437

Just put a huge bet on pilansberg ew for the triumph at 40s nrnb with bet 365 I fancy him strongly and if he dosent win, he won’t go. So money back.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7128

Zubayr is desperately weak in the Adonis betting today. He opened 11/4 and even with the original 4/1 3rd best out of the race now, Zubayr is friendless at as much as 8/1 now, with not an inkling of a penny coming for him.

That has to be a huge concern given his reasonably prominent Triumph Hurdle position and his powerful connections.

Khezerabad has sort of held his position without any obvious move and he will need to be very good to win this on his debut. I just get the feeling that if he runs well he would be a lot better than 25/1 shot for the Triumph Hurdle.

SkyBet’s 12/1 for Zubayr to win the Triumph Hurdle looks dubious if we consider he is 8/1 for today.

I would expect to see Gibralfaro as 5/1 second favourite for the race should he win today.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4865

Zubayr most impressive, taking a wee bit of pulling up off that strong pace. 8s looks a fair price now for Triumph

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 437

I was wrong with pilansberg and I’ll hold my hands up. Already backed zubayr my first bet in triumph at 20/1. But I was put off when I went to the yard last month and wasn’t sure he’d be ready in time.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4865

Typical, Rocky…we all usually pick the wrong one when it’s 50/50!

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 437

Only problem is I don’t know how much I put on zubayr as sj open bets don’t go past 3 months. Just emailed them

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22281

Zubayr most impressive, taking a wee bit of pulling up off that strong pace. 8s looks a fair price now for Triumph

Impressive. However, although obviously encouraging for a first time out horse to win a good race. However, it could be the runner-up overdid things and may be the better horse. Be interesting to hear what Simon Rowlands says about how strong the pace was.

value is everything
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7128

Zubayr defied a monster drift from an opening 11/4 out to 9/1 and it seemed crazy that Wolfcatcher was the one for money coming from a Market Rasen race.

I have always said that I felt Gibralfaro needs mud. He was outpaced for a long way in his first race and made pretty heavy weather of getting up that day. I felt this was a race best left alone today and Alan King has just said live on Channel 4 that he felt the handicapper was wrong in having Gibralfaro rated on 151. He added that they would take a look at him and decide about the Triumph Hurdle.

I thought Khezerabad ran a promising race on his first start. I reckon his jumping can be sharpened up and if you had taken out the first two today and Khezerabad had beaten Gibralfaro on debut, many would be getting excited about his chances at Cheltenham. As it is he’s 25/1 still.

Zubayr looked comfortably the best today and after firing early rank outsider bullets ante-post it is time to chuck a missile at the race at 8/1 Zubayr. He looks the type for the race, he has a bigger physical presence than Khezerabad and Nicholls said that the horse has only really come to himself the past three weeks, at one stage they were thinking of leaving him until next season. Physically and mentally, Nicholls expects him to improve and considering the negative vibes today, you would need to be thinking the general feeling was that the horse wasn’t near his best yet.

This is my first proper bet of the festival and I expect a good run for my money.

Zubayr 8/1

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 437

04 Sep 2015 15:46

JCB Triumph Hurdle

Outright Ante Post, Zubayr, 20/1 Single £40.00 (Pot. Ret. £840.00)

Open

Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 402

Very impressed with Zubayr, big price tag he fetched for so they knew the potential/talent was there. Nichols is good in this race when he has a good’n so that’s another plus. I just think he was visually impressive in victory, got a little caught out in the final 3/4 of a mile but kept going, jumped well enough and got up to the leaders and won going away. He looked like a horse with a real amount of speed and I see him as the type to do well up the hill. I’ll be backing him as I can see him improving a fair amount between his win and the Triumph.

JAMIEDB9007
    JAMIEDB9007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

Anyone Khezerabad ran well enough to merit running in the Triumph?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.