The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF Ten To Follow 2017/18

Home Forums Racing Competitions TRF Ten To Follow 2017/18

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 14936

Well that’s The Arc been and gone, so I thought I’d get the ball rolling to give those who’re interested, plenty of notice.

Here’s a reminder of last years competition, which had a very good winner in Fantastic Fair Along….

TRF Ten To Follow 2016/17

As of last year, there will no maximum limit on the number of points a horse can win per race, and I thought this worked out well. I think the list of Bonus Races has settled pretty well, and I think it’s just about right now.

******* :bye: To help me out a bit, can I ask you all to please remember to include your star horse, and also, if you could do your lists in Alphabetical order, and not do them in Capital letters, or in bold, and also NOT number them, then that would be much appreciated, it really does save me a lot of extra typing :bye: *******

Hopefully we’ll get a good turnout, and best of luck to you all.

Rules and Points of Info

2016/17 TRF Ten to Follow Rules

1. Pick 10 horses to follow throughout this jump season, during the period from Saturday 4th November 2017, to Saturday 28th April 2017.

2. Entries will be closed at 1200 on Saturday 4th November 2017.

3. Results will only count from Jump Races in Great Britain, and Ireland.

4. The Winner, and Runner Up, will receive a cash prize. This final amount has yet to be confirmed, but I’ll confirm before the competition starts.

5. In the Event of a dead heat, points will be divided.

6. No points for a walkover

7. Pick any 10 horses of your choice.

8. Winning points will be taken from RP Website.

9. In the event of a tie, the entry with most points from Bonus Races will be decided. If still tied, then highest scorer at Cheltenham will be the winner. If still undecided then those with most points from +£30k races will win……and so on. If a winner has still to be decided, then those with the biggest return for one race will get the prize, or those with the most 100 point scores, in the event of multiple 100 point winners.

10. Entrants can amend their lists before the 4th November Deadline, if a horse is injured**, lame, sold overseas, or if connections publicly state the horse will be staying over the flat.

**injured will refer to a physical injury, or of course a fatality. This will not include horses who are rested, or on the sidelines, due to being “under the weather”, “not pleasing during workouts”, “bad scopes” etc. I will continually bump a list of horses who are unlikely to be out any time soon, so if you could refer to that, it would be appreciated.

11. After the last race on Saturday 27th January 2018, a Transfer Window will run until 1200 on Saturday 10th February 2017. Entrants can change 2 horses over during this window, however, you will not be able to nominate a new star horse at this time.

1.IN A RACE WORTH £30,000 OR MORE TO THE WINNER = 25 points
    IN A RACE WORTH £25,000 UP TO £29,999 TO THE WINNER = 20
    IN A RACE WORTH £15,000 UP TO £24,999 TO THE WINNER = 15
    IN A RACE WORTH £10,000 UP TO £14,999 TO THE WINNER = 12
    IN A RACE WORTH LESS THAN £10,000 TO THE WINNER = 10

I’ll take the prize money from The Racing Post website, which would save me from converting Euros to Pounds for Irish races.

2.Tote dividend points will be awarded according to the official totewin including a £1 unit stake – as follows:

Win dividend – straight conversion from £’s to points. For example for a £7.70 win dividend the horse is awarded 7.7 points, £14.80 is awarded 14.80 points etc.

3. There will be no limit the amount a horse can win on one single race.

4. Entrants can nominate a Star Horse, which will give them double points. In the event that a star horse is not nominated before the competition starts, then the first horse alphabetically, will be your star horse. You cannot nominate a new star horse after the transfer window.

5. An additional 25 points will be awarded to the winner and 12 points to the runner-up in each of the following races:

BETVICTOR GOLD CUP
    BETFAIR CHASE
    LADBROKES TROPHY
    DECEMBER GOLD CUP (Cheltenham)
    INTERNATIONAL HURDLE
    KING GEORGE VI CHASE
    WELSH GRAND NATIONAL
    LEXUS CHASE
    BETBRIGHT TROPHY (Cheltenham Trials Day)
    IRISH CHAMPION HURDLE
    IRISH HENNESSY GOLD CUP
    BETFAIR HURDLE
    BETBRIGHT CHASE
    ARKLE
    CHAMPION HURDLE
    QUEEN MOTHER CHAMPION CHASE
    RSA CHASE
    WORLD HURDLE
    RYANAIR CHASE
    CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP
    BETFRED BOWL
    AINTREE HURDLE
    GRAND NATIONAL
    SCOTTISH GRAND NATIONAL
    IRISH GRAND NATIONAL
    Bet365 GOLD CUP
    PUNCHESTOWN GOLD CUP
    PUNCHESTOWN CHAMPION HURDLE

6. An additional 12 points will be awarded to the winner and 6 points to the runner-up in any other race at The Cheltenham Festival.

Looking forward to it this year, after a welcome summer break, and hopefully you will all enjoy it.

Past Winners

2015 Goldie
    2016 Roosterbooster
    2017 Fantastic Fair Along

Many many thanks, to Fantastic Fair Along, who donated some of his winnings to this years pot, many thanks again FFA :good: :good:

Good luck everyone!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

I love it when this competition comes round Bobby, I hope you’ve stocked
    up on your paracetamol and valium for keeping everyone on track. Rather you
    than me mate :wacko:

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2866

Annie Power retired at end of last season.

Participant
    • Total Posts 117

Great stuff!

I’ve got a provisional list drawn up already but it will probably change several times in the coming weeks :mail:

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4452

Comes around so quickly, will probably wait with my list as long as possible but been looking at a few contenders. Will be putting something in the kitty to aim for. :heart:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16289

I’ve just finished my list but have yet to decide who to make my star horse this year :wacko: I have four that I really like so will wait a while to see if any get some early entries before Christmas…Thanks for doing this again Bobby :good: :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16289

Brilliant Jac, always good when the flat fans get involved as well, now remember, you know the rules, wait till you know what my star horse is, and avoid it like the plague lol

PS I sorted that double post on Pat’s Comp for you.

Look forward to your list Jac :good:

Point taken Bobby LOL.
    I only started making my list last night and once I started took over two hours mulling it over and over and by then it was nearly 3.0oam when I posted on Pat’s comp. :on the wrong Thread so thanks for sorting that out for me. :good:

I’m going to hang on until after Champions Day Ascot just in case something else springs to mind
    and my head will be clearer and not full of flat horses.
    Saying that you’ve had a great flat season Bobby the stars are shining down on you at the moment. :rose: Jac

Ps..nice if we could get Moe to come out and play this year she’s a very good judge of NH horses. Perhaps you could persuade her Bobby. :yes:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 533

One For Arthur out for season

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

I’ll put up 200 quid prizemoney for this one. Will forward it to Lord Cormack in due course.

Best of luck.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2851

Great to see this comp back. I will be innit for proper this year after being in it for fun only last year.

Sad to see OFA out for the season. I made it no secret on that grand national thread last year how long i fancied that horse for the race. A legend in equine form for me.

As a side note, I can’t believe I’ve been on here a year already. How time flies.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Your welcome VtC. Small change compared to the work you put in on this.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 1045

Thank you ever so much Cav – very much appreciated.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 1045

Messire Des Obeaux out for season I think

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 439

Thanks once again vtc, we all appreciate the effort you put in on this. I’ll start it off if that’s ok.

Altior
    Apples jade
    Buveur dair (star horse)
    Faugheen
    Karalee
    Malaya
    Melody of Scotland
    Nichols canyon
    Sizing John
    Uknowhatimeanharry

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 439

Will be late out.

Penhill
    Daphne du clos

Participant
    • Total Posts 626

I will follow you rocky

Altior
    Apples Jade
    A Toi Phil
    Blaklion
    Buveur D’Air
    Go Conquer*
    Might Bite
    Project Bluebook
    Sizing John
    Zubayr

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

I’ve sent you a PM Bobby :good:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.