Total Event Novice Chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Total Event Novice Chase

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by botchy1 botchy1 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Very interesting race, not a fan of invitation only atall and i think 5/4 is very skinny ill be laying him

I like the storytellerand his formline is quite decent from his win last time @7/2 hes worth taking

Another i like is koshari @7/1 another year off the track and came back with a very good display ill be taking him e/w, thought he was one to follow in his hurdling days.

A few other nice types in the race mossback won well and 2nd has since won dounikos unbeaten over fences and 2nd has won since, not sure why they have dropped mall dini back in trip

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5533

In agreement on The Storyteller Ham. As you say the form of his beginners has worked out well with Livelovelaugh and Sutton Manor both winning next time and he beat them comfortably. The fencing debuts of Footpad and Monalee were lauded but this fellow was just as good.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Was quite impressed by the winner, not a fan of the horse but he jumped and travelled well, everything in behind made mistakes but im not sure that would have made a difference in the end, looked to have plenty left, koshari the horse ill take out of it for myself

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5533

Seems I jinxed The Storyteller, he made an error at the second fence after the stands before making that terrible mistake two out. Winner was impressive, and will probably be better going left handed.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Nothing bar the winner jumped all that well, although thats not take away from the winner, he would still have won, koshari picked up the place which was good enough for me, hes a horse ill be following if he stays sound

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2255

another terrible bet by me- backed the storyteller, a small horse compared to the winner a much bigger type made for fences. 🙁

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Was very impressed with the winner judge, i couldnt have him winning so easily, (thankfully koshari got me out of a little trouble lol ) i think it was marktt that alluded to on another thread regarding the storyteller and his breeding, something for you to have a look at

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2255

don’t really care about his breeding, just think he’s a small horse for fences.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

don’t really care about his breeding, just think he’s a small horse for fences.

Fair enough judge :good: you may be right!

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2312

That Mall Dini’s handbrake needs a bit of WD40 on it soon :yes:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.