Tom Cannon-What a recovery!!

Home Forums Horse Racing Tom Cannon-What a recovery!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by nighthorse nighthorse 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nighthorse
    nighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 402

If you didn’t see it, I’m sure it will be shown on the Morning Line tomorrow morning. And I expect it will be on You-Tube! Unbelievable!! :lol:

Tom Cannon, on In the Jungle, 5.05 at Plumpton. Horse pecked badly, almost down on his nose, and shot Tom up its neck, where he slid off over the off-side. I swear his feet were brushing the turf with one arm wrapped around its neck! Had to be a gonner! :shock:

But no! He somehow scrambled back into the saddle, got his irons back, and won the race!! Wonderful stuff! :D

It’s things like that which make me love NH so much. Never a dull moment, unlike the flat.

Bachelors Hall
    Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1221

Looked more look like something seen in a circus than on a racecourse. It was also pleasing to hear the warm and hearty applause from the Plumpton patronage. Incredible stuff.

nighthorse
    nighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 402

Sorry. I did forget to say all praise to In the Jungle for picking himself up and continuing to gallop in a straight line with the best part of 12 stone hanging off his neck!!

He won by 18 lengths. Wonder what it would have been without that little hiccup! What a horse! 8)

Slowly Away
    Participant
    • Total Posts 405

It’s up on Youtube if you haven’t seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3s1-8hC-xU

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.